Mothering Forum banner

North Metro Atlanta playgroup--2009!

19K views 503 replies 32 participants last post by  Lula's Mom 
#1 ·
I started our new thread!

re: doggie playdate--we checked out the Leita Thompson dog park today (brr!), and Gable had the best time EVER. Dave and the kids walked on the trails while Gable played. The sign says no kids under 12 unless they're accompanied by an adult and that parents "should not" bring in toddlers or small children. That reads like a guideline rather than a rule to me
. On the other hand, there's really not much of anything for the kids to do there. It's supposed to be 47, but sunny, on Tuesday. I'm up for whatever, but I'll need probably need to leave at noon for lunch with my grandmother.

See less See more
#6 ·
Daisy probably wont do so well in someones yard, but I dont know if taking the kids in is a good idea if there are other dogs there. I am ok with dogs of owners I know around my kids, but other dog owners can be dummies. I'll probably make a game time decision tomorrow, so dont decide around me.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lula's Mom View Post
Do you just want to do the dog park, or walk too? You can go on the trail & end up at the dog park.
I think dog park first would be the better plan, as Gable will be completely nuts until he gets to play. Maybe wear dogs out first, then walk?

#8 ·
Sure we can do it that way if you want. My thought was that they'd get to walk together and pee on the same trees, have a bond of sorts, before they were let loose to... do whatever they're gonna do. But I'm sure it will be fine.

So we'll meet at the dog park parking lot and let them play for a few, then.

#13 ·
Hey North Fulton MDC mamas! I would love to start meeting up with you guys in the March timeframe. I have decided to leave the corporate world to stay at home, and I need some activities to fill our days and some contact to keep me sane. I have a 3.5 year old and a 1 year old.

#14 ·
You are welcome any time, Molly! Just check the thread often; we sometimes decide at the last minute where we'll be meeting.

Well, my dogs were Not Awesome at the dog park. It's funny because I kind of thought Hardy might not enjoy it, as he has trust issues, especially with other dogs getting behind him where he can't see and yikes who knows what they might be about to do to him! But Puck surprised me! He has been a little marshmellow as far as I've ever seen him. If I hadn't had them both there, they wouldn't have been able to take cues from one another, and it might have been different.

Not that I will ever know for sure, because going to the dog park is not necessary for me and not worth the stress.
The walk was awesome though! I love when our kids get together. They really think alike in terms of exploring, and jumping over/in creeks, collecting rocks and petting worms... What childhood should be, you know?

#16 ·
I bet they would have been okay once they got used to the whole thing, Kristi...but, yeah, they can play with each other at home so you don't need no stinkin' dog park! I love that we can bring our kids to a dog park and they still have a great time as long as they have each other to play with

#18 ·
Hi ladies! I finally got around to getting a new login.

Brrr.... it's been way too cold for us to go outside. I'm a big wimp. Though now that Gavin's Spanish class has been moved to 9am on Friday mornings, maybe we can come to another park day when the weather is warmer.

#20 ·
Anybody want to play tomorrow? Weather says 63 and partly cloudy!! I'm up for either of our two normal parks, or you guys can come here (Canton for those who dont know) to play in the back yard. Its wide open to the sun, until about 3-4pm, and fenced in!

LMK what you guys think!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.