Mothering Forum banner

Chicken pox parties in Florida?

7K views 76 replies 50 participants last post by  sara7877 
#1 ·
Does anyone currently have chicken pox who is willing to share?

#55 ·
I am also looking for a chicken pox party (anywhere in FL). I read the posts and it seems like everyone else is looking for a party too! If all of us are looking and no-one has succeeded, maybe we need to try something new. Has anyone tried contacting doctors or hospitals to ask if there have been any local cases? How about taking out an ad in the papers offering some sort of incentive (not sure what wouldn't sound sleazy) for a parent with a sick child to open their home to us? Any other ideas?

ErickaG- Did you ever start that list?

#57 ·
Have DD's 3, 6 and 7.5.... need exposure! We're in SE FL.... clue us in, especially if there is a pox mailing list? we'd love to hear of anything in our area..... thought about craigslist, but then found the first posting in this forum and glad we didn't!

HOPEFUL!

#65 ·
We are in Sarasota staying with my parents. My 4 year old had the CP two weeks ago. We got it from a very strong strain which was brought from Colorado to Illinois. I just checked my 2 year old and I see a possible chicken pox lesion. Should know by tomorrow. If so, she will be most contagious tomorrow and Friday. My parents have a small condo, but I am willing to have a few familes come over at specific times in the afternoon if anyone is interested. I know how hard it is to catch chicken pox.

#72 ·
We have chicken pox in Naples. DD has had them for 3 days, and I kept forgetting to post here. My other two children have not exhibited symptoms yet, so you never know, we might end up with more later on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhinehall View Post

We have chicken pox in Tallahassee!! My oldest daughter has 20 or so spots on her this morning. She will be contagious for at least the next 3 days. Let me know if you are in the area and would like a play date. Thanks ;)
Oh hey, I didn't notice any notifications from this thread, until reading this now. Thanks for posting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.