CSAs in Metro Atlanta Area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-09-2009, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone, I have been attempting to locate a CSA in the metro Atlanta area for this summer and have had no such luck on the usual websites I utilize for such queries. Would any of you mamas have any information you might be able to share? Thank you much.
#2 of 8 Old 03-10-2009, 09:15 AM

There are two in Athens, if you live on that side of town. If you can find someone to also join with you, so that you only have to go every other week, it might be fun. Lots of stuff to do in Athens to make a day of it.

http://fullmooncoop.org/csa.html

http://www.rootsfarm.org/

I buy at the Suwanee farmers' market (again, I don't know what side of town you are on), and one of the farmers there runs a CSA. It's called It Began With a Seed, and the farmer is David White. His CSA is full for the year, but you can get on the list for next year (if a Suwanee pickup is convenient for you).
#3 of 8 Old 03-10-2009, 09:54 AM

There are a bunch of Atl CSAs on localharvest.org

We are going to do Two Mule Farm this year (we pick up in Lawrenceville but I think he delivers to Marietta too). It sounds like you are in-town. There are a ton of pick up sites. Here is a direct link to Atlanta ones. http://tinyurl.com/brnjp9
#4 of 8 Old 03-10-2009, 09:36 PM

We love ours!
http://www.farmersfreshcsa.com/index.php
They have a bunch of delivery sites and a really good variety of produce.

Sarah
aspiring midwife Mama to Declan - 7/14/00 and Bastian - 11/20/07.
#5 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 04:50 PM

I have been part of 2 CSA's direct with the farmers and now I am with a coop/CSA at http://localfoodstop.com/. Its all organic and as local as they can get it, but using some out of state produce as well. What I like most about it is that they offer 3-4 fruits and 6-7 veggies per week, you can order as often as you like without a huge commitment, they offer a small bag and a regular bag and you can sub items when needed. The quality has been outstanding, the coordinator is SO VERY ACCOMODATING. Here is the menu for this week:
Regular Bag: Lemons - 2-3 CT, Strawberries - 1 CT, Grapefruit Pink 2 CT, Tomatoes Grape 1 CT, Squash Yellow 1-2 CT, Mushrooms Baby Bella - 1 CT, Potatoes Sweet 1 - 1.5 #, Spinach Flat 1 CT, Beans Snap 1 #, Lettuce Redleaf 1 CT

Small Bag: Lemons - 2 CT, Strawberries - 1 CT, Lettuce Redleaf 1 CT, Tomatoes Grape 1 CT, Squash Yellow 1 CT, Spinach Flat 1 CT, Beans Snap .75#

You can also order coffee, spices, and honey, and bread, they are expanding to eggs, tea and cheese soon.

Here are the locations for pick-up currently (adding more in 2009):
Wednesday: 425 Market Place Antiques, 425 Market Place, Roswell, GA 30075
CSA pick-up hours: 10:30am – 12:00pm
Deadline to order: Tuesday 10:00am

Wednesday: Natural Food Warehouse, 10591 Old Alabama Connector, Alpharetta, GA 30022
CSA pickup hours: 11:00am -12:30pm
Thursday: Unitarian Universalist Church Metro Atlanta North 11420 Crabapple Road, Roswell, GA 30075
CSA pick-up hours: 4:30 – 6:30pm

Friday: Natural Food Warehouse, 6000 Medlock Bridge Pkwy, Johns Creek, GA 30022
CSA pickup hours: 12:30-2:00pm

Good luck! Heathy EAting!!
#6 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 10:33 PM

If you are closer to the southside try Serenbe Farms they have a CSA for local pick up in Palmetto but I think I read they will have an Atlanta drop off this year too
#7 of 8 Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 AM

I have friends who use Gaia Gardens and love it - they do honey too. I am thinking about signing up for the CSA offered by the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta (sunday pickup after services). There are also a few local farmers markets in Atlanta that are nice if you don't want to commit to a CSA - We go to the one in downtown Decatur - Wed. afternoons until dark.
#8 of 8 Old 03-12-2009, 02:08 PM

we go to Cane Creek Farm in south Forsyth county. They are awesome and have a few different delivery locations for their summer share (www.canecreekfarm.net). The website has info; they are organic and Lynn (the farmer) offers classes on organic farming. Plus it is really fun to actually go out to the farm with the kiddos...they have chickens, lambs, etc.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page