Putnam/St. Johns Counties - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-07-2009, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My family and I are moving to Palatka in a couple weeks. I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion for a DO/holistically minded MD/PA/ARNP in Putnam or south St. Johns (St. Augustine). Thanks!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#2 of 7 Old 04-07-2009, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't live in Palatka, but my company's main office is stationed there so I go about once a month or so...I just want to forewarn you that the area seems to be very conservative and not natural-minded at all. I am not sure if there are any health food stores and there are definitely no restaurants that really cater towards vegetarians (there's a chinese buffet that's decent, Niko's pizza place has spaghetti and italian food that you can get with no meat, and there's a Chilis that should have veggie burgers, but that's about it...).

Then again, this is just Palatka...I've never been to the surrounding areas so hopefully you'll have more luck there.

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#3 of 7 Old 04-07-2009, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Jacksonville is about an hour from Palatka, and they have several health food stores including a Whole Foods and a great natural parenting playgroup I'm still a member of. I'm just looking not to drive as far to go to the doctor.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#4 of 7 Old 04-08-2009, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by becca_howell View Post
Jacksonville is about an hour from Palatka, and they have several health food stores including a Whole Foods and a great natural parenting playgroup I'm still a member of. I'm just looking not to drive as far to go to the doctor.
Oh, I didn't know Jacksonville was so close! That's good! I was up there about 8 months ago for a postpartum doula training (at Fruitful Vine birth center) and thought it was pretty nice. Wish I had a Whole Foods closer to me!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#5 of 7 Old 04-08-2009, 04:00 PM

I just have to chime in and say that we're in St. Augustine and DH and I own a chain of wonderful health food stores here. You don't need to go all the way to Jacksonville! As for holisitic physician, let me check around. DH and I don't see one but our girls see a holistic ped up in Jax. I know we have some good ones here in St. Aug...I'll get back to you with a few names. PM me if you want more information on our stores!

Good luck with your move.

Jen
#6 of 7 Old 06-11-2009, 09:30 AM

I'm looking too, we're moving back to St Aug from Tampa.

Be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi
#7 of 7 Old 06-13-2009, 12:04 AM

the only one I know of is in Jacksonville, we used to see her. My DH works in Palatka, but we live out in Gainesville.
Anyway, look for Progressive Pediatrics.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page