Non-vaxxing ped in Cobb - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-27-2009, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dr. Lee has all but retired and has moved practice to N.Ga. Dr. Kute was wonderful for us but too far, kids always ended up sick after leaving well visits (1-1.5hr drive from Kennesaw).

I did vaccinate DS1 on schedule, then his food allergies kept growing. After a few years of documenting, we realized they flared his eczema and even once caused a food ana rxn. Since we stopped vaccinating his numbers have dropped and we are now only dealing with wheat, rye, barley and egg allergies (at one time the list also included corn, rice, milk, soy, peanuts and tree nuts).

I delayed with DS2 for a year. Gave in to threats of being kicked out of a practice to speed up the vax'ing schedule. The end result, my on track DS2 backtracked developmentally, developed autistic traits and developed food allergies as well. (His current allergies include all legumes, egg, soy, peanuts, tree nuts and some spices). After a year of being vax free, he is finally catching up to milestones that were missed and losing some of those autistic like traits.

My allergist sees the connection often but won't tell us not to vaccinate. We are trying for baby #3 and I refuse to vaccinate. But I need to find a ped that will allow me to do so (don't mind signing the waiver or getting told I'm an idiot) but don't need to feel like we are on the verge of being kicked out of a practice all the time.

THANK YOU!

Momma to DS1 (4) - allergic to wheat, rye, barley and eggs
and DS2 (3) - allergic to all legumes, egg, soy, peanuts and tree nuts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 AM

We're delayed vaxers and our Ped has always been supportive of our educated choices. I have a friend who doesn't vax, though, and I believe she hasn't had any problems there, either.
http://www.woodstockpeds.com/Staff/heaven.htm

Sarah
aspiring midwife Mama to Declan - 7/14/00 and Bastian - 11/20/07.
#3 of 3 Old 08-30-2009, 08:23 PM

Dr. Long at Kennesaw Peds, however I find him to be a bit pompous and we no longer see him. He spoke rather condesendingly and was also a bit of an alarmist with regards to my DS weight. If you must have a ped, I know he'll delay/non, but he does require "the form" (though I always conviently forgot to sign it"

If you would consider a family practice, I HIGHLY recommend Kennesaw Family Physicians. I've personally seen Dr. Goldman, (she's a DO) as have 2 of my kids. She was great with them, and very supportive of my crunchy ways. Dr. Rubin saw one of my DD's and she too was wonderful. I spoke to both specifically about not vaxing and I was assured it would not be a problem.

Dr. Andrews saw another one of my kids when she had pneumonia, really liked her too though we'll probably stick to one of the other 2 for routine visits.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page