Anyone in Jacksonville FL? - Mothering Forums
Florida, Georgia, Alabama > Anyone in Jacksonville FL?
wolfefox's Avatar wolfefox 07:48 PM 10-20-2009
Hi there!

I'm making a desperate attempt to make friends! lol.

I stay at home with my two kids and I'm lonely (and a little pathetic. haha)!!

My kids are 3.5 years old and 19 months old.

If there's anyone in the area (I live near the Avenues) with kiddos around the same age that would like to hang out let me know!

mamatoablessing's Avatar mamatoablessing 09:27 PM 10-20-2009
Welcome!

We live in Jax. I'm a little further south of you, in the 210 corridor. I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old. DH and I own a chain of health food stores in St. Augustine, so I do work a few days a week. But I'm always looking for new friends too. I could also recommend some fun activities and places to go for you and kids. Let me know how I can help!

Jen
e(Lisa)beth's Avatar e(Lisa)beth 01:28 AM 10-21-2009
Hi! Have you heard about the Jacksonville Natural Parenting Playgroup? Definitely worth checking out. Their website is https://www.bigtent.com/groups/jaxnpp.
westerneyz's Avatar westerneyz 01:28 AM 12-18-2009
Hi! I live in Jacksonville also. And like you I am desperate to make friends with kids that are your age. Mine are similar in age to yours, oldest will be 4 in March and I have a 14 month old. I live on the Westside but I would be willing to travel to your side of town or meet in a neutral area. I see you posted in October so I hope you read this. Have a great day!
dancingnancy97's Avatar dancingnancy97 01:13 AM 12-26-2009
Hi! I live in Jax, too. I'm in Argyle, but most of the playdates I attend are in Mandarin, so traveling isn't an issue for me. I have an 18 month old boy. I'm also a member of Jax Natural Parenting Playgroup. I have a pretty good moms group I can recommend if you're interested. Just let me know!
umsami's Avatar umsami 08:58 PM 01-01-2010
Hi:

I'm in Jacksonville.... Southside/Baymeadows area. I'm a SAHM too... with a 6 and 4 year old in school...and a little 2-1/2 DD. Just found out we're expecting #4.

There's a great park on Baymeadows past 9A... on the right hand side (there's also one on the left-hand side)... which, at least among Moms I know, is called the Red/Blue park. A few months ago they put astroturf down to replace the hole-y rubber/foam stuff. Pretty much any day I show up around 10 a.m. or so... there are a few Moms there.... so that might be a good option. Also, the other groups people mentioned.
mrledee's Avatar mrledee 03:09 PM 09-02-2012

Hello,

I know this is an old post but I am moving to the Jacksonville area in October and hope to live in the Mandarin/Orange Park area.  I am in the Navy and will be stationed at the Naval Hospital.  My wife and I (yes I'm the dad writing) recently had twins, a boy and a girl that are about 7 months old now.  We are hoping to find some like-minded parents to meet and hang out with and have play dates with our children.  We  are also looking to find a nice Christian church in the area.

In addition, if anyone knows of good areas or neighborhoods or even someone renting a home, I would be interested.

Thanks to everyone and God Bless!

fairyandgnome's Avatar fairyandgnome 07:00 PM 09-04-2012

Awww. Good luck! I am leaving this week from St. Augustine :(

I hope you have better luck finding people than I did.

miilemons's Avatar miilemons 03:26 PM 10-28-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by e(Lisa)beth View Post

Hi! Have you heard about the Jacksonville Natural Parenting Playgroup? Definitely worth checking out. Their website is https://www.bigtent.com/groups/jaxnpp.

anyone know if this group is still active?

Up