Looking for a gyno in Atlanta ASAP - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-13-2009, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

I recently had a pap come back abnormal and am in need of a colposcopy. I'm trying not to be but I'm terrified and having daily panic attacks about it--especially b/c the gyno can't get me in for another 2 weeks. The pap visit was my first experience with this office and while the doc was kind, the office was in chaos and I waited almost 2 hours for my appointment.

So I'm looking for a new gyno--hopefully one who can get me in sooner for the colpo and won't have such a ridiculous in-office wait. (I have a 5 month old and a complicated work schedule that make that kind of wait more stressful than it already would be!) I'm willing to wait in office though if I can just find a doc to do the colpo sooner. And at this point, I'll pay whatever. I live close to downtown but will drive OTP if need be.

Thanks!

mom to DS born 5/29/09, DS #2 born 5/2/2011, partner to a PhD (finally!), pleased to be co-sleepin', lovin' our 3 cats and 4 dogs and raisin' our LOs vegetarian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 06:05 PM

I like Dr. Tressa Scineaux at www.awsobgyn.com She's in Roswell and great! Give her a call!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:12 PM

Samantha L Anderson, MD
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Female - 9 years experience

Address for Dr. Samantha Anderson
Chattahoochee Ob./Gyn. PC
9 Dunwoody Park Ste 108
Atlanta, GA

She was my obgyn and her midwife Lisa is beyond fantastic!!! I really trusted both of them, BUT they are mainstream and they keep you waiting forever .

I do hear amazing things about Dr. Owen in Decatur, but I think you are lucky if you can get in....she is always booked.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:32 AM

Are you sure they don't need to redo your pap first? I had an abnormal pap and the next step was to get another pap (which came back normal). Good luck and I hope it's nothing. I don't have a Gyn to rec. I use Dr Owen.

momma to 4!
Old 11-14-2009, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, ladies. I'm going to make some more calls on Monday. zjandosmom, I don't know if it's this doctor's protocol to do a colpo after every abnormal pap or not. I was simply told that that's what I needed to make an appt for next. I've had regular paps over the last few years and never had an abnormal one. But I've also not found a GYN that I've liked so I've bounced from office to office. Now I'm kicking myself for not working harder to find someone I truly liked prior to having to deal with a crisis. (I know the odds are that whatever it is will be treatable but I'm still a basketcase. In the last few weeks, I've come to believe that I'm suffering from postpartum anxiety which has only been made worse by this situation and which is a whole other post altogether....)

Thanks again!

mom to DS born 5/29/09, DS #2 born 5/2/2011, partner to a PhD (finally!), pleased to be co-sleepin', lovin' our 3 cats and 4 dogs and raisin' our LOs vegetarian.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:22 AM

Atlantafemme, So sorry you are going through this...sounds rough. This is why I know I should find a gyno I like....just haven't. If I needed a midwife I'd be good but a true Gyn I'm outa luck. I am happy Dr Owen can and does do women's issues. Maybe try and give her a call? She really is wonderful. If she can't see you maybe she has a rec?

momma to 4!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:12 PM

I see the GYNs at Isis OB/GYN and they are great! I have a history of abnormal paps and recently had a colposcopy. I will have a repeat colposcopy with my annual pap next year also. Isis has always been able to fit me in rather quickly compared to my previous GYN.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:23 PM

Dr. Clofine with Millennium Healthcare is FANTASTIC!

User Tag List