Pediatrician North of Atlanta? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-06-2010, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in between Dawsonville, Cumming, and Gainesville, but I am willing to go as far south on 400 as the Alpharetta area. I am into everything natural as possible and extremely rarely ever go to doctors for myself, but I am about to have my first baby, and I feel a little clueless about how to make sure she stays healthy, though I am trying to read up on it. I have a general distrust of doctors who try to resolve problems through drugs and surgery, because I feel that most problems can be resolved through more natural means. I am undecided about vaccinations and want to research this more. My baby will be on Medicaid through Amerigroup since I am in school right now. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 01-06-2010, 04:56 PM

dr. margaret boudreaux - www.primarycarepediatrics.com

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#3 of 8 Old 01-13-2010, 11:55 PM

I just moved to Cumming from Central FL and am also in search of a naturally-minded, non-vax friendly ped. I'll be watching this thread for recommendations!
#4 of 8 Old 02-02-2010, 01:06 AM

Chattahoochee Pediatrics - http://www.drkute.com/

I live in Winder and travel an hour and a half to see her.

Tiffany, wife to Ian, mom to Kieron (4) and Callum (2). Baby Due Mid April, 2011!
#5 of 8 Old 02-02-2010, 08:08 AM

Just wanted to say 'hi' as I didn't know anyone else lived in Cumming and was crunchy! I travel into Decatur for Dr Marion Owen. She's a family doc and for me well worth the drive. I am indebted to her.

momma to 4!
#6 of 8 Old 02-02-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff802 View Post
Chattahoochee Pediatrics - http://www.drkute.com/

I live in Winder and travel an hour and a half to see her.
I take my son to her as well.. She is "tollerent" of many choices that I make including no vaxing and finding ways to avoid things like xrays and so on. And she is pretty good about suggesting herbals vs Rx. However.. I will say.. she has started to change over to a little more "mainstream" lately. While I think she is SUPER sweet and doesnt pressure you to do anything you dont want too.. Im not sure how much longer we will be going if she gets as mainstream as I am hearing from other moms. I just hope its not as bad as what Im hearing.. So far, I havent seen MUCH conversion from her myself.

Mother to 3 wonderful boys. Doula, MW apprentice, Photographer, Foster/adoptive mom, twin mom and advocate for much.
#7 of 8 Old 02-03-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyandgnome View Post
I take my son to her as well.. She is "tollerent" of many choices that I make including no vaxing and finding ways to avoid things like xrays and so on. And she is pretty good about suggesting herbals vs Rx. However.. I will say.. she has started to change over to a little more "mainstream" lately. While I think she is SUPER sweet and doesnt pressure you to do anything you dont want too.. Im not sure how much longer we will be going if she gets as mainstream as I am hearing from other moms. I just hope its not as bad as what Im hearing.. So far, I havent seen MUCH conversion from her myself.
Oh really!? Thanks for the heads up. I haven't experienced much conversion with her either. However, I did see her newest partner the last time I was there and didn't care for her much at all! But, I just figured it was her and not Kute. Anyhow, thanks again for the heads up and I will be on the look out.

Tiffany, wife to Ian, mom to Kieron (4) and Callum (2). Baby Due Mid April, 2011!
#8 of 8 Old 02-10-2010, 05:11 PM

Dr. Gilbert at Mountainview Pediatrics in Gainesville is good, if you'd rather go north. He'll give his opinion readily, but leaves decision making up to the parents. He is also the closest thing to an anti-circ pediatrician I know of in this area.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page