Raw milk in Orlando - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-14-2010, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have any suggestions where I can get raw milk in Orlando?

thanks!
#2 of 12 Old 01-16-2010, 01:51 AM

Steve Moreau runs an amazing coop called farmfreshdirect2u.com
#3 of 12 Old 01-18-2010, 09:30 PM

Check out this blog from Orlando's WAPF chapter leader: http://moo-to-you.blogspot.com/. There is contact info and product ordering info at the bottom.
#4 of 12 Old 01-20-2010, 10:34 AM

Unfortunately I can't remember the farm's name, but when I was visiting my brother in Maitland a few months ago he took me to the farmer's market in Winter Park and I bought a gallon of raw milk from a vendor there that also made and sold raw cheese. It was great!

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#5 of 12 Old 01-27-2010, 10:19 PM

I second Steve's coop although you have access to way more farms than we do in Miami so you might even find a farm to buy from directly. Jus remember that in Florida it's on legal for "pet consumption".

Laura mama to Caitlyn 12/26/06 and Frenchie dh non vaccing unschooling multilingual family
#6 of 12 Old 02-08-2010, 05:13 PM

Essential Health (previously called Economy Health Foods) in Altamonte Springs is now selling raw milk. You have to ask for it, but there is a sign posted near the pasteurized milk saying it is available. For 'pet consumption' of course. BTW - it is not illegal to DRINK raw milk - only to sell it! Hope this helps!
#7 of 12 Old 08-17-2011, 02:23 PM

Hi allI Farmfreshdirect2u is amazing alright... Amazingly rude! I signed up with Steve Moreau via his farm fresh direct 2 u site and was dropped by him because I misunderstood the info on his site and thought he dropped off every week when its every other week. He was extremely rude to me over the phone even after I apologized to him. I had done nothing but drive to the drop off point and called him several times thinking the location had changed. He called me back and almost literally barked at me that he gets that kind of confusion all the time and that he drops people for it and that he can because he makes no money off the operations. Instead of giving me a second chance or maybe making it clearer on his site he cancelled my next order and account. This guy's a rude hot head! In my dealings with him and the whole process I always felt something was off. Account took days to get validated, emails were ignored, everyone at the purchase point was made to wait almost an hour in the summer sun after start time to get their orders filled when they had 6-7 people on hand! The consumer group was surprisingly small too. The products I actually obtained seemed ok but I advise you not to waste your time and efforts because it seems like Steve is looking to keep his consumer pool small and he is expensive to boot! Better to take the time to find and support real local farmers who actually care and need the business!

#8 of 12 Old 04-15-2012, 12:26 PM

Farmers markets are best if your in the Orlando area. I am also trying to connect with like-minded people in the area about such things : )

send me an email if you like:  jazzi_design@yahoo.com

#9 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 PM

Wil Hare Kitchen And GaRden Emporium In Longwood Has Raw Cow And Goat Milk. They Also Have Raw Cow Yogurt And Keifr. Its All Local. They Also Have Local Organic Produce And Grass Fed Beef. The Milk Is Amazing, I Make The Best Butter From It.
#10 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 07:21 PM

Wil Hare Kitchen And GaRden Emporium In Longwood Has Raw Cow And Goat Milk. They Also Have Raw Cow Yogurt And Keifr. Its All Local. They Also Have Local Organic Produce And Grass Fed Beef. The Milk Is Amazing, I Make The Best Butter From It.
#11 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 07:23 PM

Sorry, Wild Hare Kitchen lol
#12 of 12 Old 09-01-2013, 12:11 PM

Yes Wild Hare Kitchen and Garden Emporium, on the corner of Church and Ronald Reagan, in Longwood has local raw milk in GLASS JARS instead plastic. I like shopping there because they are open seven days a week. They also have raw milk kefir and yogurt and cheese. Very helpful folks there. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page