Vaccination exemption in GA????!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-12-2010, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone familiar? A friend of mine's child attends a state certified daycare is trying to get her dauighter out for not having ALL her shots, she has the major ones but declined the chicken pox....... any experience????

hola.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 02-12-2010, 09:23 PM

There's a religious exemption, but if the school knows she's had most of them it might be hard to pull that off.

Laura, CBE and mom to Maddiewaterbirth.jpg ( 06/03/04) & Graceuc.jpg (  09/10/06)

#3 of 11 Old 02-12-2010, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

gotcha!

hola.gif
#4 of 11 Old 02-20-2010, 01:14 PM

There is only a religious exemption in Georgia.

Thankfully my kids managed to get chickenpox from their grandma when she came to visit (and got shingles).
#5 of 11 Old 02-21-2010, 03:17 PM

she'll want to give the religious exemption letter, but not let them know she's had any.
#6 of 11 Old 03-05-2010, 02:33 AM

Actually it isn't as hard as you think. We did delayed vaxed (and have skipped a few altogether) with our son. The first year our ped gave us a medical waiver. After that we had to either get up to date or "look into hearts and see if our deeply held religious beliefs" were that we shouldn't vaccinate. Lo and behold, DH and I looked into our hearts and by George, we had those beliefs. Wrote them up, took it to a notary, gave it to the daycare (who previously had our shot record) and nobody batted an eye. All they cared about was being compliant with the state.

So, I am just saying that even if you have had some shots already, you can still have a change of heart and use the religious waiver.

Now the public schools might be a bit tougher, but even then I think you can stand your ground. Religious beliefs are personal and can change. There is no need to justify them to anyone.
#7 of 11 Old 03-05-2010, 02:37 AM

Religious exemption can be used even if you have had shots in the past. The reason for this is because you can have a change of faith at any time. Like for instance on the CP one you may have wanted to wait on it till X age then before that age came around you changed your beliefs so you can still claim that exemption.

After claiming you can no longer vax if you do then make 100% sure they cant find out through a registry because you will loose the exemption if you are found out.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#8 of 11 Old 04-09-2010, 11:51 AM

the law states:
Religious exemption: For a child to be exempt from immunization on religious grounds, the parent or guardian must furnish the school with a notarized statement and it must meet the following criteria: (A) State that their religious beliefs conflict with immunization requirements; (B) the statement must be signed and dated by the parent/guardian; (C) The statement must be notarized, dated, and signed by a Notary Public; (D) The statement should be submitted to the school in lieu of an immunization certificate (form 3231); (E) The statement does not expire.

that's from ga dept of ed
http://www.doe.k12.ga.us/askdoe.aspx...eq=ASKNewcomer

you can find random forms on the net or make your own. you are not required to specify your religion. you do have to have it notarized. it doesn't matter whether you've had any, you can selectively vax based upon religious beliefs.
gl!

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#9 of 11 Old 04-13-2010, 09:10 PM

It is so NOT a challenge in public schools. At least not IME. I'm in Paulding and it was just another form to them. I handed in the waiver rather than the vaccination form and they barely glanced at it. Just put it in the file with everything else. Easy peasy.

Laura, CBE and mom to Maddiewaterbirth.jpg ( 06/03/04) & Graceuc.jpg (  09/10/06)

#10 of 11 Old 04-20-2010, 05:30 PM

I'm in Fulton County and my children had had some vax (though select ones) and I submitted their vax records before I realized that *my* vax schedule wasn't what they were looking for. I then submitted the exemption and had absolutely no trouble at all. So yeah, they knew the kids had some, but the exemption overruled that.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#11 of 11 Old 05-02-2014, 12:57 PM

Hello, I also was looking for the vaccination exception form. I was on this site IPC-Form-3258-Imm-Guidelines.pdf. I called the

Georgia Immunization Office 404-657-3158. just ask to speak to someone about vaccinations. Hope this helps.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page