desperately looking for a midwife in pensacola - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-29-2010, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello guys im new here ive had 2 home births after a c-section. because of that in fl its hard to find a midwife... an old number for one i had is no longer in order. im looking for a current way to get ahold of vivki taylor the numbers i have used are just ringing and no one picks up... i have tried 850-969-1066,944-4655 i tried looking up the center she has and no luck. i really need a current number. i saw some of you post about her recently. if you possibly could please contact me about her ar another midwife who deals with my sort of situation.. thanks for all the help and i appreciate this forum and the work you guys do.
#2 of 12 Old 03-30-2010, 02:02 AM

Welcome!
You might want to try posting this question in the "Finding your tribe" forum. You'll get more people from that area responding.
#3 of 12 Old 03-30-2010, 09:58 AM

Glad to see you posting!

I agree, look in Finding Your Tribe and you might get a better response to your question.

Good luck!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#4 of 12 Old 03-30-2010, 10:30 AM

Hello and welcome to MDC!

Andreateapot2.GIF read.gif homebirth.jpg winner.jpg hang.gif, wife to K coolshine.gif, mother to loveeyes.gif photosmile2.gif reading.gif blahblah.gif

#5 of 12 Old 03-31-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdanigir View Post
hello guys im new here ive had 2 home births after a c-section. because of that in fl its hard to find a midwife... an old number for one i had is no longer in order. im looking for a current way to get ahold of vivki taylor the numbers i have used are just ringing and no one picks up... i have tried 850-969-1066,944-4655 i tried looking up the center she has and no luck. i really need a current number. i saw some of you post about her recently. if you possibly could please contact me about her ar another midwife who deals with my sort of situation.. thanks for all the help and i appreciate this forum and the work you guys do.

Vicki! SHe is on the Florida ICAN list. You could join there and get in contact with her. Let me see if I can dig up her phone number.
Unfortunately Vicki had to close her birth center but she still does homebirths

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
#6 of 12 Old 03-31-2010, 10:57 AM

I just emailed my friend who had a homebirth in Pensacola/Milton...I'll see if she responds to this thread, or maybe I can get the info from her. Good luck!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#7 of 12 Old 03-31-2010, 04:08 PM

I had a homebirth with Vicki in Sept 2009. She is still doing home births but the birth center is closed. If you have not gotten a hold of her, PM me for her e-mail address. The number you have listed is her office number as far as I know. Oh, but she moved her office, I think. Anyway, I'm sure she will answer e-mail.

There is also another midwife in the area, a CNM named Cindi. Google Gentle Birth Options.

Michelle, wife to Ryan, mommy to Gabriel 6/23/2007 and Susanna 9/19/2009
#8 of 12 Old 04-01-2010, 07:03 AM

I would email her. You should be able to find her email through a google search (I know it has mamascradle in the email address).
#9 of 12 Old 04-01-2010, 03:03 PM

Vicki's number is (850) 380-6262.

Good Luck!

Cindi Denbow CNM, ARNP
Niceville, Florida
Office: (850) 279-6778
Cell: (850) 419-7330
Fax: (850) 254-1922
Cindi@gentlemidwifery.com
www.gentlemidwifery.com
#10 of 12 Old 04-02-2010, 11:27 PM

If you need a midwife in a hospital, Jennifer Allen is a CNM at 1st Physicians in Pensacola and she delivers at Baptist Hospital. I live in Alabama about 1.5 hrs from Baptist, so a homebirth is pretty much out for me :-( Just thought I'd mention her as another option

Ashley - Married to M ~ 12.29.06, Mom to E ~ 10.15.08, Expecting #2 ~ 11.6.10 & praying for VBAC
#11 of 12 Old 04-05-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
If you need a midwife in a hospital, Jennifer Allen is a CNM at 1st Physicians in Pensacola and she delivers at Baptist Hospital. I live in Alabama about 1.5 hrs from Baptist, so a homebirth is pretty much out for me :-( Just thought I'd mention her as another option
I've heard there's a good homebirth midwife in Mobile if that would be an option for you. Not sure how far she travels.

Blair, mom to the amazing Nora (8/06) ribboncesarean.gif, sweet Anneliese (2/10) vbac.gif, and super Henry (8/12) vbac.gif

#12 of 12 Old 05-03-2010, 12:47 AM

This is a resource I have but we did not use her as my husband was married to Alabama Blue Cross & Blue Shield.
birthingoptions@truevine.net Renata Hillman Traditional midwife childbirth assistant and childbirth educator. center 601-947-3301 cell 251-463-2426.
Good Luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page