desperately looking for a midwife in pensacola - Mothering Forums
Florida, Georgia, Alabama > desperately looking for a midwife in pensacola
justanotherdanigir's Avatar justanotherdanigir 03:35 PM 03-29-2010
hello guys im new here ive had 2 home births after a c-section. because of that in fl its hard to find a midwife... an old number for one i had is no longer in order. im looking for a current way to get ahold of vivki taylor the numbers i have used are just ringing and no one picks up... i have tried 850-969-1066,944-4655 i tried looking up the center she has and no luck. i really need a current number. i saw some of you post about her recently. if you possibly could please contact me about her ar another midwife who deals with my sort of situation.. thanks for all the help and i appreciate this forum and the work you guys do.

Big D's Avatar Big D 03:02 AM 03-30-2010

Welcome!
You might want to try posting this question in the "Finding your tribe" forum. You'll get more people from that area responding.
tinybutterfly's Avatar tinybutterfly 10:58 AM 03-30-2010
Glad to see you posting!

I agree, look in Finding Your Tribe and you might get a better response to your question.

Good luck!
proudmomof4's Avatar proudmomof4 11:30 AM 03-30-2010
Hello and welcome to MDC!
TulsiLeaf's Avatar TulsiLeaf 11:40 AM 03-31-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdanigir View Post
hello guys im new here ive had 2 home births after a c-section. because of that in fl its hard to find a midwife... an old number for one i had is no longer in order. im looking for a current way to get ahold of vivki taylor the numbers i have used are just ringing and no one picks up... i have tried 850-969-1066,944-4655 i tried looking up the center she has and no luck. i really need a current number. i saw some of you post about her recently. if you possibly could please contact me about her ar another midwife who deals with my sort of situation.. thanks for all the help and i appreciate this forum and the work you guys do.

Vicki! SHe is on the Florida ICAN list. You could join there and get in contact with her. Let me see if I can dig up her phone number.
Unfortunately Vicki had to close her birth center but she still does homebirths
wholewheatchick's Avatar wholewheatchick 11:57 AM 03-31-2010
I just emailed my friend who had a homebirth in Pensacola/Milton...I'll see if she responds to this thread, or maybe I can get the info from her. Good luck!
MichelleAnnette's Avatar MichelleAnnette 05:08 PM 03-31-2010
I had a homebirth with Vicki in Sept 2009. She is still doing home births but the birth center is closed. If you have not gotten a hold of her, PM me for her e-mail address. The number you have listed is her office number as far as I know. Oh, but she moved her office, I think. Anyway, I'm sure she will answer e-mail.

There is also another midwife in the area, a CNM named Cindi. Google Gentle Birth Options.
turtlewomyn's Avatar turtlewomyn 08:03 AM 04-01-2010
I would email her. You should be able to find her email through a google search (I know it has mamascradle in the email address).
Cindicnm's Avatar Cindicnm 04:03 PM 04-01-2010
BetterTogether's Avatar BetterTogether 12:27 AM 04-03-2010
If you need a midwife in a hospital, Jennifer Allen is a CNM at 1st Physicians in Pensacola and she delivers at Baptist Hospital. I live in Alabama about 1.5 hrs from Baptist, so a homebirth is pretty much out for me :-( Just thought I'd mention her as another option
folkgirl's Avatar folkgirl 01:55 PM 04-05-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
If you need a midwife in a hospital, Jennifer Allen is a CNM at 1st Physicians in Pensacola and she delivers at Baptist Hospital. I live in Alabama about 1.5 hrs from Baptist, so a homebirth is pretty much out for me :-( Just thought I'd mention her as another option
I've heard there's a good homebirth midwife in Mobile if that would be an option for you. Not sure how far she travels.
wantingagirl2b#4's Avatar wantingagirl2b#4 01:47 AM 05-03-2010
Up