Looking for a midwife to do a home birth - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-15-2010, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my first daughter with Kay Johnson and it was amazing. This time around I wanted a home birth but had a hard time finding any information on home births so I went back to Kay and I am now 28 weeks pregnant. I have been having some insurance issues so I looked back into home birth and have found more information than the first time. Can anyone point me in the direction of a midwife who would take me on so late? Also how much do home births usually cost in Ga?
#2 of 12 Old 05-17-2010, 10:49 AM

Most local midwives charge around $3K, but I think they'll usually pro-rate that for any pre-natal visits you wouldn't need since you're well into your pregnancy. I would think most of them would take you at 28 weeks, but you probably just have to call and ask.

This practice is on your side of town: http://www.gamidwife.com/team2.html

Other options:
http://www.birthingright.com
http://www.birthingway.com
http://www.newlifemidwiferycare.com

Good luck! Keep us posted on what you decide.

Molly, mom to three homebirthed girly girls: Lila 6/05, Nellie 12/07, and Lucy 1/11

#3 of 12 Old 05-17-2010, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I have already emailed the midwives at gamidwives.com but I have yet to hear back from them. I think they are a great option for me because they are literally seven miles from my house. I wish they had a number I could call because I have been checking my email like a crazy person to see if either midwife has responded. lol.
#4 of 12 Old 05-22-2010, 08:19 PM

I love Beth ******, www.birthingway.com.

Laura, CBE and mom to Maddiewaterbirth.jpg ( 06/03/04) & Graceuc.jpg (  09/10/06)

#5 of 12 Old 05-23-2010, 10:06 PM

I second Beth ******. I am 20 weeks along with my second, (my first was at North Fulton) and I'm going to have Beth in my home for the birth of our second little one!
#6 of 12 Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 PM

I third Beth!

She delivered my last baby and I am planning another birth with her this December. She is so sweet to me even though I am a not-so-crunchy mom.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#7 of 12 Old 06-01-2010, 10:22 PM

Fourth vote for Beth.

We Birthing Way families just love Beth...everyone teased me when I was pregnant because I couldn't stop talking about how wonderful my midwife was! She really is amazing. I had the most wonderful homebirth...I am SO not ready to have another baby yet, but I keep thinking I should just so I can have prenatals with Beth again. My prenatals were better than therapy.

Mama to DD, my 2/24/08 BIG KID formerly known as sling baby, and DS, my 12/23/11 train-loving, wall-climbing toddler! 
#8 of 12 Old 02-16-2012, 04:03 PM

WOW! Thanks everyone for posting on Beth! I just set up a consult with her (I'm only 4 weeks). This will be my first homebirth out of 3. I'm nervous of course, but this makes me feel better.

#9 of 12 Old 02-24-2012, 05:32 PM

Angela, congrats on your pregnancy. I am in the same boat as you. I'm due late October & looking for a HB Midwife and i was very curious on the price. My last HB in Western Pa my insurance paid for it (it was prorated because i didn't switch care over until i was 28 weeks). This time i will have to pay out of pocket. GL !!!

#10 of 12 Old 02-24-2012, 06:08 PM

We're paying about $3,000 for our homebirth in a few weeks. That seems to be pretty average in Atlanta.  This does not cover ultrasounds/labwork if you need or want those services; thankfully, we have insurance that covers most of those costs.  Many midwives will also provide you with a superbill so that you can try for some reimbursement after the birth.  

#11 of 12 Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 PM

I don't mean to highjack your thread but i'm in the process of setting up my consultations with 2 cpm's practicing in GA. The price is $2800..thats brutal but I'm determined to make it work. GL with everything !!!

#12 of 12 Old 04-20-2012, 12:16 PM

Hi,

I delivered with gamidwives in 2009. I would recommend them to anyone. I had an awesome experience after I switched to them at 29 weeks. Try this number (770) 381-2339.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page