Need help finding a place in Alpharetta area! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-16-2010, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It looks like my husband will be officially offered a job in the Alpharetta area in the very near future. Once offered the job we'll be looking to move within 2 weeks so he can start the new job right away. Currently, we live in New York state. This is a big move, to say the least!

I've been looking at places online, and I'd like some opinions on certain communities. Please help! Tell me more about Walton Centennial, Addison Place, and Ashley Forest Apartments. Does anybody here live in any of those communities? Even if you don't, what have you heard of them? Which in your opinion is the best?

My husband would prefer living in a gated community (only because he doesn't want to mess with yard work). I would like someplace with a pool, a gym, and a nearby playground. Good schools are important. We require 3 bedrooms, though 4 bedrooms would be nice so we can have a home office/guest room. High speed internet is extremely important for his work and my schooling. We're just looking to rent, and cost isn't too important.

I need tips on specific places that have apartments matching our needs and are available in the very near future. Help!

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2010, 11:44 PM

I have no idea about any of those complexes, sorry. I live in Alpharetta though and would love to welcome you to the neighborhood when you get here!

The house next door is for rent but we don't have a pool or a gym. LOL

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 07-17-2010, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, thorn! I look forward to meeting you once we move to the area!

PM me about the house for rent! Like I said, the main reason he wants to look at apartment complexes is because he doesn't want to mess with yardwork. But, if it's reasonable, I may be able to keep it up myself. We could afford for me to get a gym/pool membership if need be (or if there's enough room in the house, set up a home gym). Tell me more about the neighborhood. It would be awesome if I had a fellow Mothering mom next door!

I've been looking at more apartments online, as this is becoming more real to me (we've known about this opportunity for several months now). Do you know anything about the Preserve at Deerfield?

TIA!
Old 07-17-2010, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

So, here's a list of some of the apartments we were looking at so far:

Archstone Windward
Stoneleigh At Deerfield
Manchester at Mansell
Preserve At Deerfield
Windward Place
Orion at Deerfield
ALARA Park Ridge
Ashley Forest Apartments
Avistele at Martin's Landing
The Reserve at Johns Creek
Camden Deerfield
AMLI at Northwinds
Addison Place
Walton Centennial

Anybody have info on any of these?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:03 PM

I don't know anything about any of those apartment complexes.

I live in Cumming (and am friends with thorn!) which is just a bit north of Alpharetta. Alpharetta is a great community and I've never heard of a "bad part of town" with regards to Alpharetta. High speed internet should not be a problem as this is a techy part of metro Atl.

We have a very active API (Attachment Parenting International) group in the Alpharetta area. Come check us out if you end up here!

Casey
Mama to DS 2/22/06 and DS 3/27/09 :
Old 07-26-2010, 01:49 PM

I dont know any of them personally.. but I did notice Johns creek.. while I love that area.. the short commute may be more than most want to handel. Traffic during rush hour can get nasty. I suggest either finding a place close to his work (like 5-10 miles) OR getting a month to month or 6 month lease. We lived in Johns creek and worked in Norcross just 8-10 miles away and some mornings it would take us over an hour to get there. Good luck! and if you need a ped reccomendation for there, I know the best!

Mother to 3 wonderful boys. Doula, MW apprentice, Photographer, Foster/adoptive mom, twin mom and advocate for much.

User Tag List