Any Mama's in West/North Palm Beach Area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-16-2010, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a SAHM to an 11 month old girl (gee it goes by so fast!). I'd love to meet some like minded mama's in the area.....
#2 of 9 Old 07-18-2010, 01:30 PM

Hello! I am a WAHM to John, who is 8-1/2 months old, in Jupiter and read on MDC regularly. I find that I am often very different from other moms in the area, but I do have a few other local mom friends with whom I share similar values (e.g., extended breastfeeding, eating whole organic foods, cloth diapering, babywearing). Have you met many other local moms? What types of similarities or differences stand out to you? I have found great support at local La Leche League meetings. Have you ever gone?
#3 of 9 Old 07-22-2010, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Hi! You just described many similarities that we have I have not gone to the LLL meetings, but I do have one friend that goes in WPB but it is held too late in the evening.
Is there one in PBG or Jupiter? Do you shop at Whole Foods in PBG? Perhaps we've crossed paths...

congrats on baby John!
#4 of 9 Old 08-07-2010, 01:28 PM

I go to the LLL meetings on the 3rd Friday of every month at 10:30am at Jupiter hospital. I have wanted to check out the WPB meeting, but it is also too late for me.

We do shop at Whole Foods in PBG for certain items, but I do love my Publix, too

I wish this website would notify me when you post back because I forgot to keep checking after a few days. It would be great to meet. Are you able to come to the Jupiter LLL meeting? It's a really nice group of regulars and always new people, too. If you go, you can find me by my son's name, so please introduce yourself.
#5 of 9 Old 08-15-2010, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

I will be at the LLL meeting...my name is Megan and daughter Dane - hope to see you there!
#6 of 9 Old 08-15-2010, 07:27 PM

Awesome! See you there
#7 of 9 Old 09-29-2010, 02:20 PM

Hey gals. I'm in Wellington. I don't know a lot of mammas in my area who are into the extended BF'ing cloth diapering etc.. would love to be "plugged in" to a local network. Thanks!
#8 of 9 Old 10-01-2010, 09:46 PM

Hi!
Can you make it to a LLL meeting in Jupiter? The next meeting is Friday October 15 at 10:30. It's the perfect place to meet.
#9 of 9 Old 10-10-2010, 11:21 PM

Hi everyone! This is actually my first post here! I am a 27 year old mommy to a beautiful 9-month old son. I live in Western Lake Worth (a stone's throw from Wellington). We practice most AP principles - breastfeeding, gentle discipline, baby wearing, organic food, etc. I regularly attend the La Leche League meetings in Wellington (first Monday of the month at Wellington Regional at 7 PM) and also their lactation tea and support group on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 9 AM (also at Wellington Regional). I love both groups and have met many like-minded moms there! I won't be at this month's lactation tea because I will be at my training...I am becoming a Bradley instructor! My attendance at meetings is also based upon my availability. I am a doula, so if I am at a birth, that obviously takes precedence! I hope to meet some of you soon (in real life and in virtual world!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page