Midwives/Doulas/HB people: Columbus, GA - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-25-2010, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm new to this area (well, new to even GA) and am in need of a MW or doula for my third birth. I'd like to attempt a homebirth or even UC, but will still need prenatal "guidance" towards the end.

Anyways, from what I gather the people I need (MW, doulas) are in rare form in this area. Can somebody point me in the direction of what I need, or PM me some "underground" resources?

Much appreciated, thanks in advance!
#2 of 4 Old 07-29-2010, 03:30 PM

I would love any info for this area as well. My cousin just moved to that area and she is having a problem with the base not giving her a referral to see the midwife group there that does waterbirths in the hospital. So, she is now looking into a homebirth and we can't seem to find anyone yet.

Tiffany, wife to Ian, mom to Kieron (4) and Callum (2). Baby Due Mid April, 2011!
#3 of 4 Old 03-11-2011, 10:01 AM

Did either of you ever find a MW? I am looking for one myself and I am not having any luck. dizzy.gif

#4 of 4 Old 03-11-2011, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I gave birth at Doctors Hospital in Columbus, GA.  I had been seeing a midwife at Trinity Center for women on Warm Springs Rd.  All 3 midwives are great - Julie attended my birth.  The hospital is very natural birth friendly and followed my birth plan.  Everything was how I had hoped except that my labor progressed so fast that ther was no time to set up the birth tub, but I can't complain about that ;-)  PM me for more info.

Also - if anyone in the area needs a tub liner for "birth tub in a box" I have one to sell since I didn't get to use it.

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page