wait times at Intown Midwifery? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2010, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering what to expect in terms of wait times at IM. I saw the midwives last at Isis and frequently waited hours to be called in. I figure the masses have followed Margaret and Anjli to IM but maybe this office is better organized or more smoothly run than Isis... I hope?

Anyone care to share experiences?

mom to DS born 5/29/09, DS #2 born 5/2/2011, partner to a PhD (finally!), pleased to be co-sleepin', lovin' our 3 cats and 4 dogs and raisin' our LOs vegetarian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2010, 09:55 AM

well, I spent 20 minutes on and off hold making my first prenatal appt. with them back in July which scared me (I too have horrible memories of Isis waits and disorganization) and so I asked my friend who delivered with them. She said that the receptionist is very friendly with patients, so maybe that's why. I'm over at AWS with Kay and Janet now, and I spend about an hour total for each appt. (including waiting room time). They seem really organized, and the midwives are great.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:00 AM

I started going to IM in August, and my first 2 appointments were looong. Like I waited over an hour to see them and then they spent at least 30 minutes with me. I wised up and now make my appointments first thing in the morning (8 I think is their earliest) and my last one I was in and out in less than 45 minutes, and most of that was spent in the room doing all the stuff, weight, bp, etc, and seeing Anjli. It is totally worth the time!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Ayb922, the waits at Isis used to be 2-3 hours just to get back to an exam room sometimes so 1.5 hours for the whole thing sounds good to me.

Luckily, I went in at 2:30 on a Thursday, only waited about 15 minutes before being called back, then another 10 in the exam room waiting for Anjli. I was impressed and happy! Not sure if this will be a recurring pattern but even the wait at Isis was worth it in the end to be in the care of such awesome women.

mom to DS born 5/29/09, DS #2 born 5/2/2011, partner to a PhD (finally!), pleased to be co-sleepin', lovin' our 3 cats and 4 dogs and raisin' our LOs vegetarian.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:51 PM

I think I usually waited 30 min. to an hour, but there was one appt where I waited 3 hours because Anjli was attending a birth. They told me they are getting tons of new patients so I only can imagine this will become the norm.

Perpetual Student/SAHM to DD(5), DD(1) and little bean EDD 8/29/2012 homebirth.jpg

Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

I removed a couple of posts that were discussing issues with a care giver. We cannot host negative input about a caregiver on the forums. You are welcome to leave a review of a provider in our Reviews section. Be sure to read the guidelines for posting reviews.

User Tag List