Tell me about St. Petersburg, Fl. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2010, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We will in St.Petersburg for two months,over the holidays. We have never been there before. Can anyone tell me some great activities to do as a family? Are there any great places to buy groceries? We really miss fresh vegetables and raw dairy. What makes st. Pete fabulous to you? I will also be looking for a pediatrition,chiropractor and dentist. I would appreciate any info. that you feel like sharing. TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2010, 10:08 PM

I would check out the Sat. morning market downtown for fresh produce and yummies. Also Rolling Oats as a grocery store.
http://www.rollinoats.com/retailer/s...UEPXFW532WBWA9

Our pediatrician, Dr. Bumi, the most alternative friendly, regular ped. we know of.
http://www.northeastkids.com/

Wholistic in Tampa, great doc, Dr. Berger
http://wholisticpeds.com/

Dentists, lots of variety, we use Dr. Whitehead in Clearwater
http://howellwhitehead.com/

Winter is a great time to visit the parks. We have lots of local playgrounds and parks as well as several state parks. Those are easy to google.

Enjoy your visit!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:38 PM

My friend in St. Pete loves Dr. Boss as a dentist for her whole family.
Fort DeSoto is a great place to picnic, go to the beach, camp and bike. Sunset Beach is a favorite also.

wave.gif
Old 10-23-2010, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Can anyone suggest a really good chiropractor? I'm looking for someone that is really good with babies and adults.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:29 AM

I haven't started going to a chiro yet, but there's one in Tampa that comes highly recommended (Totally Chiropractic) & my ICAN group meets at her location.

When you come, in St. Pete, there is Rollin' Oats (health food store) that has a cafe in it that's pretty yummy.  Also, there is Leafy Greens on Central Ave. (at 14th St.??) that is fabulous! Everything there is vegan & raw.

We just started taking our DD to Dr. Bhumi as another pp mentioned, but have only been for her 2yo well-check.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:27 PM

I really like Dr Teri at Balance Chiropractic

http://mybalancechiro.com

I also highly recommend Dr. Alexa from Totally Chiro.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:41 AM

check out the tampa bay birth network tampabaybirthetwork.com for chiropractors and other holistic providers in the area.

i second the recommendation for leafy greens cafe - it is great. in addition to rollin oats there is also natures finest grocery on the other side of town, depends on where you will be staying as to which is more convenient. i'm fonder of natures finest but live close to rollin oats.

we use dr salomon for pedi - he is super sweet and lets parents make their own decisions, super supportive of bf'ing, supportive of delaying and refusing vaccinations, can't say enough good things about him and his practice is small and run by family.

-the waterfront on the east side of town from old northeast to downtown along coffee pot bayou (bayshore is the street name i think?) is a great place to walk. it's like one big park with  playgrounds scattered along the way, bridges to walk over, lots of birds and boats and people with dogs.

-honeymoon island and caladesi island (only accessed by ferry from honeymoon island or private) are beautiful undeveloped beaches/parks. it takes about 30 minutes to honeymoon island from st pete. fort desoto and pass-a-grille are also beautiful beaches in town.

-red mesa cantina/la lucha bar downtown is a nice place to get a good meal outside

hope that helps. we moved here a year ago to be close to family and love it. enjoy your two months here!

Old 12-03-2010, 10:46 AM

As far as activities, the Sunken Gardens in St Pete is really cool as is the Florida Aquarium in Tampa.

User Tag List