Homebirth in Santa Rosa Beach, FL - Mothering Forums
Florida, Georgia, Alabama > Homebirth in Santa Rosa Beach, FL
reikimama's Avatar reikimama 02:23 PM 11-22-2010

I haven't been on in a while, but just found out that we are having our 4th child.  It will be our first not born in GA, so I need to find a midwife in Santa Rosa Beach, FL.  We had a u/c with our last birth, but my husband is stressing about that (even though it was really easy).

The options that I have found right now are: www.gentlebirthoptions.com and www.panamacitymidwife.com

Has anyone had any experience with either of them?  Plus, we are self-employed, so will probably be Medicaid on this.  Just wanted to see if anyone had any experiences and thoughts about our options.

Blessings & thanks in advance!

turtlewomyn's Avatar turtlewomyn 06:53 AM 11-24-2010

You might also want to check with Vicki Taylor, LM in Pensacola  (her listing can be found here:  http://www.flmidwifery.org/MidwiferyinFlorida/FindaMidwife/NorthWestRegion/tabid/382/Default.aspx )

I love Vicki and would use her in a heartbeat if I were closer to her (I am in Tallahassee).

reikimama's Avatar reikimama 07:22 PM 11-26-2010

Thanks!  I couldn't remember the her name.  I went to The Birth Cottage in Tally when I was pg with #3 for a check-up & tests, but I had spoken with her way back then.  We were in transition between GA and FL and ended up having a u/c in GA and then officially moved down to FL a month later.

I talked to the MW in PCB for a second, but she hasn't called me back, so I'm going to give Vicki a call next week.  Thanks for the reminder of her info.  I knew there was someone else in the area. 

monkey mamma's Avatar monkey mamma 07:07 PM 02-19-2011

Cindi Denbow with Gentle Birth Options is my midwife.  She is amazing.  She was here with her wonderful assistants for our homebirth in September. 

reikimama's Avatar reikimama 03:55 PM 05-13-2011

Sorry that I haven't replied in a while.  We ended up miscarrying in December.  Thanks for your response.  I will pass it on to others!

earthpilgrim's Avatar earthpilgrim 04:09 AM 08-25-2011

Hi reikeimama,

Sorry to hear about your miscarraige- hope your family is well. 

I hope you don't mind me contacting you, I posted a few weeks past about anyone being in the Shalimar area and got no response, but I noticed that you are posting from Santa Rosa Beach and want to know how you like it there?  I will probably be moving to that area and want to know a bit about it.  My mother lives there and I will need some support as I am separating from my partner and will now be a single mom with two kids.  I send my kids to a waldorf school and haven't been able to find any in that area- apart from the fact that I probably won't be able to afford it.  What school do you send your kids to, what are nice areas to live- gosh anything that might be useful.  I wouldn't mind homeschooling, but don't know how I could do that....My kids are 6.5 and 4 years old.

I would really appreciate it any help. 

I look forward to your response, if you have the time, I would really appreciate it.

boobmommi's Avatar boobmommi 12:01 PM 02-29-2012

I am living in Santa Rosa Beach and I have been looking at South Walton Montessori Academy. My fiance and I have scheduled a tour coming up in the next few weeks but I am sure that this will be our choice. I have just moved from the Raleigh, NC area to join my fiance and I have been impressed with the school so far. What area of Santa Rosa Beach will you be in?

BTW I have a 4yr old son and TTC :)

reikimama's Avatar reikimama 07:39 PM 10-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthpilgrim View Post

Hi reikeimama,

Sorry to hear about your miscarraige- hope your family is well. 

I hope you don't mind me contacting you, I posted a few weeks past about anyone being in the Shalimar area and got no response, but I noticed that you are posting from Santa Rosa Beach and want to know how you like it there?  I will probably be moving to that area and want to know a bit about it.  My mother lives there and I will need some support as I am separating from my partner and will now be a single mom with two kids.  I send my kids to a waldorf school and haven't been able to find any in that area- apart from the fact that I probably won't be able to afford it.  What school do you send your kids to, what are nice areas to live- gosh anything that might be useful.  I wouldn't mind homeschooling, but don't know how I could do that....My kids are 6.5 and 4 years old.

I would really appreciate it any help. 

I look forward to your response, if you have the time, I would really appreciate it.

I am so sorry that I never responded.  I didn't even know that this post was on here.  I hope that you found the right answers for you and your children.  Are you living in SRB now? 

We do homeschool, after our DDs were in public school.  We just found that we like it better, especially with the lack of options in the area.  We can considered Ohana Institute and also the NWFL Ballet Academie in FWB, but the girls just take ballet there and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobmommi View Post

I am living in Santa Rosa Beach and I have been looking at South Walton Montessori Academy. My fiance and I have scheduled a tour coming up in the next few weeks but I am sure that this will be our choice. I have just moved from the Raleigh, NC area to join my fiance and I have been impressed with the school so far. What area of Santa Rosa Beach will you be in?

BTW I have a 4yr old son and TTC :)

Did you decided on SWMA?  I have some friends that teach there and I know people love it.  As I stated above, we homeschool ours.  BTW, we have an 11 yr old DD, 9 yr old DD, 6 yr old DS and then we are actually expecting again.  We were in the Carrboro-Chapel Hill area in 2010 before we moved back to SRB in December of that year.  Our kids loved it up there.

If y'all want to keep in touch, please feel free to PM me.  I love having like-minded people here. 

Again, so sorry for not responding sooner.  I feel terrible about it.

Up