Homebirth in Santa Rosa Beach, FL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-22-2010, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't been on in a while, but just found out that we are having our 4th child.  It will be our first not born in GA, so I need to find a midwife in Santa Rosa Beach, FL.  We had a u/c with our last birth, but my husband is stressing about that (even though it was really easy).

The options that I have found right now are: www.gentlebirthoptions.com and www.panamacitymidwife.com

Has anyone had any experience with either of them?  Plus, we are self-employed, so will probably be Medicaid on this.  Just wanted to see if anyone had any experiences and thoughts about our options.

Blessings & thanks in advance!

Lisa (39), DH (51), SDS (29), DD (8/29/01), DD (8/22/03), DS (8/3/06), an angel named Xan angel1.gif, who went home on 12/18/10 and now a new bundle of joy due 05/24/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#2 of 8 Old 11-24-2010, 05:53 AM

You might also want to check with Vicki Taylor, LM in Pensacola  (her listing can be found here:  http://www.flmidwifery.org/MidwiferyinFlorida/FindaMidwife/NorthWestRegion/tabid/382/Default.aspx )

I love Vicki and would use her in a heartbeat if I were closer to her (I am in Tallahassee).

reikimama likes this.
#3 of 8 Old 11-26-2010, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  I couldn't remember the her name.  I went to The Birth Cottage in Tally when I was pg with #3 for a check-up & tests, but I had spoken with her way back then.  We were in transition between GA and FL and ended up having a u/c in GA and then officially moved down to FL a month later.

I talked to the MW in PCB for a second, but she hasn't called me back, so I'm going to give Vicki a call next week.  Thanks for the reminder of her info.  I knew there was someone else in the area. 

Lisa (39), DH (51), SDS (29), DD (8/29/01), DD (8/22/03), DS (8/3/06), an angel named Xan angel1.gif, who went home on 12/18/10 and now a new bundle of joy due 05/24/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#4 of 8 Old 02-19-2011, 06:07 PM

Cindi Denbow with Gentle Birth Options is my midwife.  She is amazing.  She was here with her wonderful assistants for our homebirth in September. 

#5 of 8 Old 05-13-2011, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry that I haven't replied in a while.  We ended up miscarrying in December.  Thanks for your response.  I will pass it on to others!

#6 of 8 Old 08-25-2011, 03:09 AM

Hi reikeimama,

Sorry to hear about your miscarraige- hope your family is well. 

I hope you don't mind me contacting you, I posted a few weeks past about anyone being in the Shalimar area and got no response, but I noticed that you are posting from Santa Rosa Beach and want to know how you like it there?  I will probably be moving to that area and want to know a bit about it.  My mother lives there and I will need some support as I am separating from my partner and will now be a single mom with two kids.  I send my kids to a waldorf school and haven't been able to find any in that area- apart from the fact that I probably won't be able to afford it.  What school do you send your kids to, what are nice areas to live- gosh anything that might be useful.  I wouldn't mind homeschooling, but don't know how I could do that....My kids are 6.5 and 4 years old.

I would really appreciate it any help. 

I look forward to your response, if you have the time, I would really appreciate it.

#7 of 8 Old 02-29-2012, 11:01 AM

I am living in Santa Rosa Beach and I have been looking at South Walton Montessori Academy. My fiance and I have scheduled a tour coming up in the next few weeks but I am sure that this will be our choice. I have just moved from the Raleigh, NC area to join my fiance and I have been impressed with the school so far. What area of Santa Rosa Beach will you be in?

BTW I have a 4yr old son and TTC :)

#8 of 8 Old 10-13-2012, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthpilgrim View Post

Hi reikeimama,

Sorry to hear about your miscarraige- hope your family is well. 

I hope you don't mind me contacting you, I posted a few weeks past about anyone being in the Shalimar area and got no response, but I noticed that you are posting from Santa Rosa Beach and want to know how you like it there?  I will probably be moving to that area and want to know a bit about it.  My mother lives there and I will need some support as I am separating from my partner and will now be a single mom with two kids.  I send my kids to a waldorf school and haven't been able to find any in that area- apart from the fact that I probably won't be able to afford it.  What school do you send your kids to, what are nice areas to live- gosh anything that might be useful.  I wouldn't mind homeschooling, but don't know how I could do that....My kids are 6.5 and 4 years old.

I would really appreciate it any help. 

I look forward to your response, if you have the time, I would really appreciate it.

I am so sorry that I never responded.  I didn't even know that this post was on here.  I hope that you found the right answers for you and your children.  Are you living in SRB now? 

We do homeschool, after our DDs were in public school.  We just found that we like it better, especially with the lack of options in the area.  We can considered Ohana Institute and also the NWFL Ballet Academie in FWB, but the girls just take ballet there and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobmommi View Post

I am living in Santa Rosa Beach and I have been looking at South Walton Montessori Academy. My fiance and I have scheduled a tour coming up in the next few weeks but I am sure that this will be our choice. I have just moved from the Raleigh, NC area to join my fiance and I have been impressed with the school so far. What area of Santa Rosa Beach will you be in?

BTW I have a 4yr old son and TTC :)

Did you decided on SWMA?  I have some friends that teach there and I know people love it.  As I stated above, we homeschool ours.  BTW, we have an 11 yr old DD, 9 yr old DD, 6 yr old DS and then we are actually expecting again.  We were in the Carrboro-Chapel Hill area in 2010 before we moved back to SRB in December of that year.  Our kids loved it up there.

If y'all want to keep in touch, please feel free to PM me.  I love having like-minded people here. 

Again, so sorry for not responding sooner.  I feel terrible about it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page