********** Area Pediatricians? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am in desperate need of a pediatrician in the ********** area.  Any recommendations?  I really want to find one that is supportive (or at least allows) delayed/selective vaxing.  Thanks for any help anyone can give me.  

#2 of 7 Old 12-21-2010, 10:46 AM

We used Melisa Wilson at Over The Mountain Peds until we moved. She was ok with our no vax or delayed sched. She would ask each check up if we wanted to do any vaxes. I would tell her not this time. She discussed with me about the one vax she thought was really important (can't remember which one now) and asked me to think about it. I was always polite and listened even though I knew I wasn't going to vax. She never gave me a hard time about it. I really liked her overall. We now see Andrea Lamberson since we moved to Shelby County. She is the same way. She asks each check up if we are doing any vaxes and I always politely tell her "not this time". I really like her as well. My two non-vaxed children are 2.5 and 1 yr. She has been our doctor for about 2 years. I think I like Dr. Lamberson the best because she remembers who we are when we come in. She's a family doctor so we all see her. She's in an office all by herself. I've also heard that most of the peds at Greenvale at Brook Highland are delayed vax or non-vax friendly. There is maybe one in that group that is not so I would just ask before making an appt.

#3 of 7 Old 12-21-2010, 11:09 AM

Dr. Wilson is sending out formal letters refusing to continue care for all her non vaxing parents. I haven't found anyone yet you will see us.

#4 of 7 Old 12-21-2010, 03:22 PM

We used to see Dr. Wilson too, and got the letter saying she could no longer see our children. She told us South Trace in Hoover would probably see us but I haven't called yet.   

#5 of 7 Old 01-10-2011, 06:48 AM

Did she tell you why she suddenly got the urge to fire y'all?

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#6 of 7 Old 01-11-2011, 08:09 AM

She called my Husbands phone to let us know and he didn't ask why.  

Has anyone been to Dr. Elizabeth Korcz at Hoover Alt MD or know if she is no vax friendly?  She offers natural services as well as conventional.  On her website it says that she will see infants through adults so we were thinking of trying her.  

#7 of 7 Old 01-16-2011, 06:22 PM

I highly reccommend Pediatrics East, Dr Fuggazotto in specific. Not sure about no vaxing but definitely was awesome with our delayed/selective.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page