Foreskin Friendly ped. in South Florida. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2011, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Need a good pediatrician in Broward who is foreskin friendly. Anyone?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 09:51 PM

My son is circ'd. It was done for religious reasons and without the proper research and it is one my biggest regrets. Anyway, that said, I have friends who do NOT circ and they have used Dr. Colon & Presutti at Holistic Pediatrics down in Coral Springs and have not had issues. I use them too and I really like the practice. I have not had issues like some other posters on the forums have described. The unfortunate truth of hte matter is that there really are very few options for TRULY naturopathic physicians in our area. Holistic Pediatrics is the closest that I've found so far. I've never felt pressured to vaccinate and I've been pretty happy with the "alternative" treatments they've suggested for my son.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:26 AM

What do you mean by foreskin friendly?  Forgive me if I sound naive; my son is not circ'ed but I didn't know that some Peds were not ok with this??  Can you please explain?  I haven't had a problem with any Ped I've seen thus far and am interested in knowing what this is about.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:33 AM

Unfortunately, yes, there are pediatricians who are somewhat against it.  And what I mean by this is that if you have a single issue with your son's foreskin, they will jump down your throat saying you need to get him circ asap....  Happened to me, twice.  Luckily, I know better and my son is intact. winky.gif

Old 06-20-2012, 08:36 PM

We use Pediatric Associates in Pembroke Pines. When my son was 6 (at 8 he's still uncircumcised), he had problems with bacteria underneath the foreskin. Doc gave us medication, explained the proper method for cleaning to prevent the problem in the future, and sent us on our merry way without mentioning circumcision.

User Tag List