We made it! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-21-2011, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have made it finally to Naples Florida- We will be landing in Lehigh in Feb- I feel as if we are on a completely different planet! Where are the like minded folks around these parts? I am looking for Unschoolers, green open minded folks to connect with I am the mama of three glowing girls and am due with baby four in June! Community is very important to us potlucks and gatherings are what we thrive on!  So COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE?    THANKS FOR LOOKING SIENNA AND TRIBE email [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2011, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey there!  Welcome to Southwest Florida :-)   One thing about the area is that like-minded people are spread out all over the place.  Some good places to start:

Green Market - every Saturday at the Alliance for the Arts in Fort Myers

Music Walk - every 3rd Sat night - downtown Fort Myers (this month it is the 4th Saturday due to other stuff going on downtown)

Calusa Nature Center

6 Mile Cypress Slough - gorgeous boardwalk through slough environment

Imanginarium Children's Museum - Fort Myers

You have a pretty nice park in Lehigh called Veteran's Park out on Homestead Road, other than that, not sure what is happening out there.

There are several Farmers Markets in Naples as well.......there are many great folks down in Naples , as well - they have a drum circle every month down there and other cool events.  We tend to stick up closer to Fort Myers, though.

There is a natural parenting group out of the Birth Center in Fort Myers

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/NaturalParentsLeeCounty

We have been here for 8 years and it has taken us some TIME to adjust.  Now, though, I absolutely love it here, I love the climate and feel very fortunate to be raising and homeschooling my kids in such a beautiful place.

Welcome :)

Feel free to pm me if you need any info

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
Old 01-24-2011, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey, thank you for responding- On the topic of homeschooling are there any co-ops you might suggest? My girls are 11.5, almost 10, and 8? We have been missing our co-op back home our method to date has been unschooling- Also we need a chiropractor who has a gentle touch- Thanks for the direction- Sienna

Old 01-24-2011, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'll send ya a pm, mama :)

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  

User Tag List