Please help - need a selective/delayed vaccine-friendly pediatrician in Niceville/Destin/FWB - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-24-2011, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, I'm looking for help finding a pediatrician in the Eglin AFB area in the Florida panhandle that is supportive of delayed and selective vaccination. I live in Bluewater Bay so I'd like to find one in Niceville or Destin but I could go as far as Fort Walton Beach or Crestview if needed. I found one nearby that says she'll still see us if we don't vax but that she "strongly believes they are very important" and will basically try to push them on us at every appointment. I'm hoping not to have to deal with that so I'm hoping to find someone better. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!
#2 of 10 Old 01-31-2011, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Well, no one responded but I thought I should just follow up in case anyone is looking for a ped here in the future.  Anyone in the Eglin AFB area in Florida, go check out Paul Tartarilla. He's in Crestview, which is a bit far, but I definitely recommend him! We had our first appointment with him today and it was great. He's super nice, cheery, did a thorough physical exam, gave us copies of our daughter's growth charts, and didn't give us any grief at all about not vaccinating. (He didn't even ask us to sign a waiver!)

#3 of 10 Old 02-19-2011, 05:48 PM

I take my children to Paul Tartarilla at the Crestview Health Center.  I LOVE him!  We also live in Bluewater and he is so worth the drive.  I delay for my kids but have friends that do not vaccinate at all that see him.  His nurses are super sweet too! 

#4 of 10 Old 03-14-2011, 06:17 PM

that's who we used to see when we lived there too. i even held onto his card in the event that we ever went back. i'm glad to hear that he's still around!! he was good with my kids. :-) i'm glad you found him.

#5 of 10 Old 05-13-2011, 02:37 PM

I am trying to find a new one, as Paul is out of our range for insurance.  He's great, but we can't name him on our insurance.  We are in Santa Rosa Beach.  Trying to find a Ped that is non-vax/delayed vax friendly around here is difficult.  

He's not at Crestview Pediatrics anymore, though.

For sick visit appts, we just see Dr. Marsh in Santa Rosa Beach.  He doesn't take any insurance at all.  It's $50.00/visit and he doesn't ask.  I don't tell.  

lumpkints likes this.

Lisa (39), DH (51), SDS (29), DD (8/29/01), DD (8/22/03), DS (8/3/06), an angel named Xan angel1.gif, who went home on 12/18/10 and now a new bundle of joy due 05/24/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#6 of 10 Old 06-10-2012, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi,

I was just wondering for Dr. Paul in Crestview, does he take Medicaid? I will be living in Shalimar but would drive to Crestview for a non-vax friendly ped who accepts Medicaid. Thanks!

I'm Kate! I treehugger.gif   knit.gif   hang.gif   and adore my DSbabyf.gif11/12 and stork-suprise.gif 10/14. We goorganic.jpg gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif toddler.gif slingboy.gif familybed1.gifcd.gif 
#7 of 10 Old 10-13-2012, 06:41 PM

Sorry for the late response, but he does take Medicaid.  It's worth driving to him.  Totally worth it.

Lisa (39), DH (51), SDS (29), DD (8/29/01), DD (8/22/03), DS (8/3/06), an angel named Xan angel1.gif, who went home on 12/18/10 and now a new bundle of joy due 05/24/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#8 of 10 Old 05-13-2013, 11:04 AM

I know this is an old thread, but it seemed better to post here than to start a new one!  I went to a Mom-to-Mom group meeting at the local birth center and most of the moms said they use Paul Tartarilla in Crestview or Dr. Marie John in Milton.  Unfortunately, neither accepts my insurance.  Based on a few other responses I'm looking at Dr. Buchholz in Destin or Drs. Burton and Keefe in Niceville.  I've heard mixed things on all three - some say they are okay with delayed/selective vax as long as you appear to be informed, some have said that they won't see you unless you totally vax.  Does anybody have any more information, or know of another ped in the area that isn't going to be a pain to work with?

Thanks in advance.

#9 of 10 Old 05-13-2013, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We also take our kids to Crestview health center to see Paul T. He is awesome! We love him! I recommend him! Glad to see so many in the area with like thinking. Thought I was the only onethumb.gif

#10 of 10 Old 07-17-2013, 03:07 PM

I'm wondering if there are any additional pediatricians in the area that support delayed/no vacs (or any updates on other leads).  I'm going to set up an appointment with Burton & Keefe tomorrow but I'm thinking I should ask the receptionist if they accept patients that are not vaccinated.  We just moved here and the main pediatrics clinic at our previous town would NOT see you if you didn't.  I'm not sure how Florida works but they were able to outright refuse patient care in South Dakota.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page