Need a VBAC/natural birth friendly OB/GYN in Huntsville AL!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-10-2011, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I am currently pregnant with #3, I had 2 non sense c-sections and would like to have a natural birth this time...IN the need for some support!!

I am allready 34 weeks and will be moving to Huntsville/Madison in about 2 weeks...I am running out of time to find a good OB that will let me deliver my baby the way it want. I have heard about Dr. Cimino...to be a birth supporter, however read some scary reviews when it came down to his surgery skills. I also Heard about Dr. Nix to be supportive but then read mixed reviews about that too...I am not sure what to believe and am running out of time to try every OB out :(

Can anyone give me some Information here please ???

Thanks

Claudi

Claudia wife to Joe since (05/04) Mom to DD (09/05) and mom to DS (11/09) :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-12-2011, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

really nobody from the Huntsville Alabama area here?? 

Claudia wife to Joe since (05/04) Mom to DD (09/05) and mom to DS (11/09) :
#3 of 7 Old 03-02-2011, 10:58 AM

Did you find anyone?  I used to live in Huntsville, now I am in **********.  I had a homebirth here so I don't know any good OBs there.  But I know there is an attachment parenting group in Huntsville on Meetup.com, maybe they could help you out.  The nurturing moment is a breastfeeding/baby store in Huntsville and they might have some info?  Maybe a doula would be good?  I have heard of one in Huntsville, Jeanne Stolass..http://www.jeannestolaas.com/doula/Home.html.  

Also saw this, 

Birth Stories and More

Downtown Huntsville Public Library

Third Wednesday of each month from 11 am - 12 pm

Come hear a speaker on topics relating to birth or parenting, then listen or share positive birth stories with other mothers. Speakers in the last year have included a chiropractor, a Bradley® instructor, and local midwives.

Think they may know about VBAC too.  

Hope you find something!  

#4 of 7 Old 04-18-2011, 05:40 PM

hillary2318,

I  know tnhis is an old post but I have been searching to no avail and just stumbled upon this article! You stated you had a home birth in **********, Al... I will be in Pell City, Al soon and am due september 3rd, 2011 and have wanted a home birth since I found out I was pregnant. I was wondering if you could give me any information on a doula or midwife in the area, because I can't find one! :( I have 1 previous unnecessary c-section (  crappy obgyn ) and I can't even find a facility that allows vbac, much less home birth :( idk if this will even notify you I posted, but if you get this please write me back @ [email protected]

thanks a million!!!!

and sorry for hijacking your post,claudi-I hope you found a place in huntsville! I wish I had some information, but I'm kindof in the same boat, just a few hours south LOL

#5 of 7 Old 08-28-2011, 10:59 PM

I was wondering if you found anyone and had a successful vbac in huntsville, al?

#6 of 7 Old 09-09-2011, 12:24 PM

I don't really know about VBACs in Huntsville, but we live here and decided to go with a midwife with a private clinic in Fayetteville, TN (about 25 min from us).  I believe she still does VBACs, though the OB she worked with for transfers (to the hospital, which is very close to her clinic) has recently moved away and I'm not sure about the new doctor's policies.  Still, it might be worth checking into. We love her and her apprentice and cannot say enough good things about our care with her.

knit.gifMama to DS born 8/6/10 and new baby DD 1/6/13

#7 of 7 Old 02-16-2012, 02:04 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I would love it someone could update...

Does anyone have any experience with a good VBAC dr. in North Alabama?

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page