New Breastfeeding Support group in north Atlanta, GA - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-06-2011, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Greetings!

I am starting a new support group for expectant and new mothers who want to learn more about breastfeeding or need support in the breastfeeding season.  We will meet on Saturday mornings so hopefully we will be able to reach mothers who are working or need a spouse to be available for childcare.

I am a certified lactation counselor and a midwife.  I started a support group in south Georgia several years ago that was very active and successful.  Many friendships came out of this group of mothers who met each month and that is part of the fun!

We will meet the 2nd Saturday of each month at 10 AM in my home:  3465 Ridgewood Rd NW, Atlanta, GA  30327

First meeting will be May 14th.

I learned with the last group that if you include children who are up and walking, mothers spent more time chasing and monitoring toy arguments between the children and did not get to really listen to discussions or feel that had gotten to participate.   Expectant mothers and mothers with nursing babies who are not yet off and running are welcome, however I never want a mother to NOT be able to come if she does not have other childcare arrangements!  I do want this to be something you look forward to, a chance to get away and meet some other mothers, discuss breastfeeding challenges and successes and your own personal experiences.  This will not be a typical LLL format.

More information, including maps and phone number on the website.  We also have a Facebook page "North Atlanta Breastfeeding Support Group"

Brenda Parrish,

CLC, CCCE, DEM

Traditional Birth Services, LLC

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page