Anyone deliver at Boca Community Hospital? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-15-2011, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I (thankfully) became aware of the issues surrounding vaccines before taking my son to his first baby well check up.  However, when I had him in June 2009, at boca raton community hospital, I was not aware that most hospitals give hep b at birth.  I remember signing a bunch of forms upon admittance, but didn't really read them.  No one ever came and asked me to sign anything authorizing vaccination.  I'm afraid that I may have signed it in the initial paperwork.  I did call the hospital and they told me they don't give hep b unless the mother is positive for it.  I felt the issue was resolved for a while, but now I still have my doubts as to whether the person I spoke with told me the truth or even knew the policy.  We haven't been to the Ped in about six months and I don't anticipate a visit anytime soon as we don't vax and he's never sick.  I suppose I could call, but I'm almost too scared!  I'm pretty sure he didn't receive it but wanted to know if anyone else delivered there and knew the policy.  Thanks!

#2 of 2 Old 04-16-2011, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you considered getting his records?  You probably have to pay copy charges for them (FL law allows for that) but they are yours if you request them.  You could call the hospital and ask to talk to records.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page