OB/GYN That is homebirth friendly in Georgia ( ATL, LAWRENCEVILLE, DULUTH, ETC,) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-18-2011, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just moved to Georgia in September 2010. I need to find an OB/GYN that is homebirth friendly. I'm not pregnant yet, I just need to schedule my yearly appointment. I do plan on having more children and they will be born at home. i would like to find someone that i will be able to stay with. I don't want to switch providers later on down the road because they are against homebirth ! I live in the Duluth area but i'm willing to travel for a good doctor. Any recommendations ?!??!?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-18-2011, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

:( i hate to tell you this, but you won't find one

there are some midwives in the area who will provide prenatal care and see you for a homebirth, but if you're looking for an ob/gyn i don't know of any, nor of anyone who had a homebirth with someone other than the midwives.  if you pm me i will try to find their info.. 

did you happen to come across this other thread about the same thing?  someone there found one, but didn't give details...  http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1285407/ob-backup-for-homebirth-in-athens-ga-area 

and this one mentions a few names!  http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1187124/atlanta-doctors-or-cnm-s-doing-homebirth-backup 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page