South FL Midwives who will work with you if you don't want ultrasound, etc? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all!  Does anyone here have any experience with any south florida midwives who will allow moms some freedom to decide which tests they want and don't want?  "Low-tech" friendly recommendations welcome! Thanks so much in advance!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#2 of 4 Old 06-24-2011, 11:29 AM

Janice Heller.  She works out of A Birth Center in Hallandale and I believe she also does homebirths. 

#3 of 4 Old 06-27-2011, 05:25 AM

You can try google for some names/numbers then just give them a call and ask about their policies. Or, try FloridaFriendsofMidwives. There are several there too.

#4 of 4 Old 08-14-2011, 08:03 PM

Sorry this is a little late.  I'm 32 weeks pregnant with my first child and I absolutely love my midwife.  Her name is Sheila Simms Watson and she practices out of Miami.  Her attitude is that it is your body, your baby, and your decision. When we discussed ultrasounds and other testing (gestational diabetes screen, etc.) she was totally cool about it - treated it like it was a non-issue, whatever I decided.  Her website: http://www.spiritoflifemidwifery.com/  Seriously, I love her so much.  She is wonderful - I can't recommend her enough.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page