Childcare in Atlanta/Decatur - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-10-2011, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 6 weeks pregnant with our first child, and I feel a little silly looking for childcare before we're even out of the scary first trimester, but I need to get on some waitlists because I will (sadly) have very little time off work after our little one is born next spring.  We live on the Decatur/Tucker line, and I work in downtown Atlanta.  Decatur, East Atlanta, and Downtown would be the most convenient locations, but we would be willing to drive a little for an excellent childcare.

Can anyone recommend full time day cares in those areas?  Are there any that will use cloth diapers and/or glass bottles for pumped breastmilk?  I'm already getting on the waitlist at Georgia State, but I'm not confident they will have an infant opening next June as their waitlist is 12-18 months long.  We are not looking for religious daycare unless they are very open and affirming.  We would be open to in-home childcare if we found a good fit.  

Thanks so much for your help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bumping this in case anyone has ideas.  We're expecting baby any day now and are still waitlisted at 7 (!!!) daycares.  We will need care starting the week of or after Memorial Day and are willing to look in an expanded geographic area at this point.  Thank you for your suggestions!

Old 04-03-2012, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I live in your area and attend school at GSU. My daughter is turning one year on April 12th. We have been on multiple wait lists since I was 6 weeks pregnant. My mom has been taking care of her while my husband and I work and go to school. It sounds like you have done everything you can to find a daycare in the area. I am not sure how far you want to expand your search but you could use the NAEYC website. I wouldn't use a daycare that wasn't NAEYC approved.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

User Tag List