new mom in PSL, FL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-27-2011, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a new mom, who is new to this site... I was veey excited to find a site where people share a parenting style similar to whag I hope to.do with my DD. most people in my life think its going to 'spoil' my daughter if I hold her all the time, let her sleep in my bed, and don't let her cry so she can learn to 'soothe herself'... I have no experience in raising a child, but that just sounds WRONG! how can this precious little girl not be held and comforted all the time?
Anyway... just thought i'd introduce myself. I'm 26, married, I feel my baby is a miracle baby, because I had 4 miscarriages, and surgery to remove a cancerous tumor on my ovary before I was finally blessed with her! Its been a rough road, but she is.sooo worth it!
So, thanks for reading! Hope to hear from you!
#2 of 2 Old 09-30-2011, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey! Just moved from the PSL area and wish I could've met you! Not sure if you're looking for a doctor for you or your kids but I've got to recommend this family practice http://twofloridadocs.com/ . Dr. Punger is awesome and very supportive of the AP lifestyle and breastfeeding. She's also an IBCLC so if you need any help with that. Also, if you're looking for breastfeeding support or even just to meet other like minded AP moms you may want to check out Le Leche League of the Treasure Coast. I think they meet like every 3rd  Thurs at the PSL WIC office, but check llli.org just to be sure. If you're into resale, Boomerang Consignment also a pretty cool children & maternity consignment shop off of Selivitz Rd. They also sell cloth diapers and one of the girls makes slings and all the cute little bows & tutu's for girls. Definately worth checking out. Good luck and congrats on your little one!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page