Natural Childbirth in Jacksonville FL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-11-2011, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just moved to Jacksonville and I am on medicaid. I want to have an all natural birth with no interventions. My experience in a hospital with my daughter 8 years ago was very traumatic and i have zero trust in hospitals now. Ive heard alot of good things about fruitful vine, but they have yet to return my emails or phone calls. Maybe because they do not except medicaid??? any advice?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-20-2011, 06:06 PM

I thought I heard somewhere that they weren't taking new patients? I could be wrong about that. Have you tried A Place for Women? It's not a birthing center, but their reputation is natural-focused. One of their OBs, VanScriver, is the back-up OB for Fruitful Vine. I'm not sure if either accepts Medicaid though. There is also Growing Families Midwifery Services located in St. Augustine. Not sure if they have opened up their birthing center yet (I know it's in the works) but Misti is a midwife and does homebirths.

While I live in Jacksonville, I own a business in St. Aug so am pretty knowledgable about the area. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck to you!
#3 of 8 Old 11-20-2011, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

that would explain them not answering lol, :/ that's too bad, but a homebirth sounds even better!!  thanks for the information :) I will definently look into it.

#4 of 8 Old 12-07-2011, 01:47 PM

i just spoke with fruit of the vine about 10 mintues ago. i am also on pregnancy medicaid and they scheduled me for a tour/initial consult. i am 28 weeks, and they didn't sound like it would be a problem! i am also new, feel free to message or email me. egtennis12@gmail.com. how far along are you?

Emilie

kkbeastmode likes this.
#5 of 8 Old 12-09-2011, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

I just saw Misti at Growing Families and I absolutely adore her :) Thank you sooo much ! oh and yes her center is open , gigantic birth tub and all !!! ;) I cant wait to have my baby now

#6 of 8 Old 12-09-2011, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

I am 22 weeks :)

#7 of 8 Old 12-10-2011, 09:51 AM

Awesome! So glad you found her. smile.gif
#8 of 8 Old 12-14-2011, 07:58 AM

I am 21 years old and 36 weeks pregnant with my second child. I just moved to Jacksonville FL from NY. I recently found out my insurance has a 4,000 dollar deductible so I am looking for a midwife or doula that would like to assist me in a home child birth at a low cost. I can pay cash just not willing to have a 4,000 dollar bill. I have purchased a home birthing kit and I have almost all the supplies needed. Please if anyone knows of anyone or has any suggestions please feel free to email me. With 4 weeks left of this pregnancy I am in DESPERATE NEED!

THANKS IN ADVANCE, 

Serena

Email: mommi.riina@gmail.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page