anyone in the Orlando area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 01-24-2012, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am new to this site. Just wondered if anyone from my area posts here.

~Kristen~ Mom to:
lol.gif Haley(16), treehugger.gif Cameron(14), joy.gif Mackenna(12), upsidedown.gif Graham & biggrinbounce.gif Parker (4 / Twins)
Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/twinsrock/
Blog - http://graham-and-parker.blogspot.com/
#2 of 21 Old 02-21-2012, 06:47 PM

I was wondering the same thing.  My family is new to central FL- and we've been having a heck of a time connecting with other like minded families.  We started looking for other unschoolers/homeschoolers however we're not having much luck.  My kids are well beyond nursing age, so simply checking out a local LLL meeting isn't really an option!  

Anyone else out there?  GPTwins08, I'm guessing our children are in different age ranges- my youngest is almost 8yo, my oldest 17, but I am here if you're looking for other parents with whom to connect.  

Lesley Reid Cross
self-connection supports connected parenting

#3 of 21 Old 03-10-2012, 12:09 PM

I work in Lake Mary! Woot! I live about 45 minutes from Orlando. I would love to connect with other like minded families. 

#4 of 21 Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 AM

I was just wondering if anyone was here too :) I'm over in the Union Park area, a few miles from UCF. We just moved to the area a few weeks ago and I know no one! It doesn't help that our only vehicle is now DH work vehicle (his work vehicle died) and he works 6 am- 8 pm or later so I'm home bound 5-6 days a week. It gets rough only talking to 4 kids under 6 all day lol

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#5 of 21 Old 03-30-2012, 06:52 PM

We just moved here back in December..right now we are in Ocoee, but we're in the process of getting a place in Apopka. I've been wanting to get out and find some like minded mamas/families, but it is hard with a hubby who works a lot and an almost 3 yo and 9 month old who HATE riding in the car :\

Anyway, I'm so glad I found this thread! I am totally into getting connected! :)

Earth-loving, birth-loving, body-working, simple-livin' mama to two sweet girls and fiance to a hard-working man treehugger.gif namaste.gifbellyhair.gif

#6 of 21 Old 03-31-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmama59 View Post

We just moved here back in December..right now we are in Ocoee, but we're in the process of getting a place in Apopka. I've been wanting to get out and find some like minded mamas/families, but it is hard with a hubby who works a lot and an almost 3 yo and 9 month old who HATE riding in the car :\

Anyway, I'm so glad I found this thread! I am totally into getting connected! :)

I have a 5 yo, 4 yo, 2 yo, and 9 almost 10 month old :) 

Sometimes I feel its almost harder to meet people in a bigger city than a smaller one.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#7 of 21 Old 03-31-2012, 06:41 AM

Hi all!  I am new to this site, so I don't have anything set up, but I navigated to this forum and was excited to see this topic! I live in the Altamonte/Maitland area.  I have a 7 year old daughter and a baby girl on the way in August. Currently, I work full time and my daughter is in Montessori school, but once the baby comes I will be staying home and homeschooling, so I too, would like to connect with other mamas out there :)

#8 of 21 Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 AM

Good morning mommas! It has been so long since I have been to this site!

I am also in the Orlando area. I used to be a homeschooling mom (and i miss it dearly) so I am plugged in to many of the local homeschooling groups which is a great way to connect with like minded folks. Many of the moms there also have younger siblings and such in tow. There are so many field trips and activities it's amazing! I've also seen mommy groups on meet up but I have not participated in any of those.

Soooo on yahoo groups, you can search for:

HomeEducatorsNetworkofCentralFL

CtrlFlaHomeschoolers

Lifeofosceola

MidFlHomeschoolers

That should give you more than enough connections and then those moms can point you to other groups that may suit you even better!

Hope that helps!

impaz0330 likes this.

Almost crunchy but sometimes soggy, homeschooling mommy of 2. biggrinbounce.gif

I work from home and love showing others how to do it too!

http://www.empoweredhomeschooler.com  computergeek2.gif

#9 of 21 Old 06-10-2012, 04:56 PM

I also live in the Union Park area if you just need someone to hang out with every once in a while. I am expecting my first in November :)

I'm Kate! I treehugger.gif   knit.gif   hang.gif   and adore my DSbabyf.gif11/12 and stork-suprise.gif 10/14. We goorganic.jpg gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif toddler.gif slingboy.gif familybed1.gifcd.gif 
#10 of 21 Old 06-11-2012, 09:51 PM

Awww congrats!! I'm still here all day every day wink1.gif

#11 of 21 Old 06-26-2012, 03:47 PM

Hello All!  I am in the Winter Park/Casselberry area but am soon relocating to Altamonte Springs. I am new to this site as well, never posted in a forum like this before. I am having a hard time finding like-minded mommas in the area. I have a 3 yo son and a babe due in december. my boy is un-vac and intact and its pretty amazing the response some moms including most of my family members gave me on that. It would be nice to get together with other moms and not be treated like some crazy hippie that has no clue what im doing lol. I work and go to school. If anyone wants to get together for playdates or some good ol' mama coffee/tea time, Im down :) 

#12 of 21 Old 07-03-2012, 10:52 PM

I am from a little bit further out, in DeLand, but all of our social life runs in Seminole and Orange counties. I have lived here for 8 years now and short of my LLL friends, I get worried about judgy moms groups. If you are not a helicopter mom and you want some diversions, I'd love to talk!!

I'm Brooke!  I'm a breastfeeding advocate and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my new baby boy, River (9/6/2013).

#13 of 21 Old 07-10-2012, 01:34 PM

Hello mamas! I live in S. Clermont but do stuff all over Central FL. I have a 14 month old boy, I'm very crunchy personally. Non-vax, cloth diapering, vegetarian household, etc etc. I love getting to know like-minded moms. I'm on of the leaders of a local mom group called Nurturing Mothers Network, we have moms with kids of all ages, and with varying levels of natural mindedness. We have monthly meetings in Winter Park, as well as several playdates, activities and more. If you'd like to check us out, we're on Facebook under Nurturing Mothers Network.  You can also visit our website at nurturingmothersnetwork.wordpress.com

#14 of 21 Old 09-08-2012, 05:25 AM

Just came back to bump this old thread. How are all you Orlando mommas doing? Hope all is well!

Almost crunchy but sometimes soggy, homeschooling mommy of 2. biggrinbounce.gif

I work from home and love showing others how to do it too!

http://www.empoweredhomeschooler.com  computergeek2.gif

#15 of 21 Old 10-23-2012, 03:38 PM

Hey everyone, I'm in Altamonte Springs, and I'm new to this Area, growing up in the clermont area lol.

Anywho, I have a four month old, and since you all are in this area, do you have any pediatrician recommendations?

I'm also trying to connect, I'm a SAHM.

#16 of 21 Old 10-24-2012, 12:02 PM

Hi Mamas!

I just moved back to the Orlando area from Portland, Oregon and would love to meet up with other like minded families. My daughter is 22 months and we would love to meet others at a park or some fun outing. Anyone near South Orlando/Belle Isle/Airport? We would be willing to travel in the Orlando area for playtimes. I am a SAHM like others on this thread and would love to connect.

#17 of 21 Old 01-11-2013, 09:58 AM

Hi--I am a first-time mom due in July. I am in the College Park area and trying to find a nanny/in-home care for my baby beginning in September/October of 2013. Does anyone know of any resources or have any recommendations?

Thanks!
#18 of 21 Old 02-02-2013, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

My children age 4,4,12,14,and 16. I would love to connect with other Moms in the Orlando area. So sorry I did not see these replies until now. I did not get notifications for some odd reason.

~Kristen~ Mom to:
lol.gif Haley(16), treehugger.gif Cameron(14), joy.gif Mackenna(12), upsidedown.gif Graham & biggrinbounce.gif Parker (4 / Twins)
#19 of 21 Old 02-02-2013, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

I am in Winter Park on the border of Maitland. I am homeschooling my twins for preschool. Are there any groups for moms of preschoolers homeschooling around the area??
Does anyone blog?? Mine is in my signature...

~Kristen~ Mom to:
#20 of 21 Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 PM

I do not live in the Orlando area right now (as you might guess by the "NJ" in our username) orngbiggrin.gif, but the company I work for has an office down there.

I'm concerned that relocating would be a MAJOR culture shock from the NYC metro area.  Has anyone else on this thread moved to Central FL from the Northeastern US, and if so, what was your experience? 

#21 of 21 Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 AM

I'm in Orlando. I live in the Union Park area but plan on moving to the Vista Lakes area before the beginning of summer. I have 2 daughters, ages 6 and 4, and i'm pregnant with my 3rd daughter due in April. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page