Looking to relocate - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-25-2012, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i am looking to relocate and is very interested in the Alpharetta, Ga area. was wondering how is the school district and the crime rate in the area? can any help me out lol!

#2 of 5 Old 06-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)

Hi and welcome to Mothering! I don't have any info about Alpharetta but I thought I'd post to bump your question up for attention. thumb.gif

#3 of 5 Old 07-04-2012, 01:25 PM

Hi!  If you are looking into Alpharetta, you should check out Cumming, Gainesville, and John's Creek to compare. 

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#4 of 5 Old 07-19-2012, 12:25 PM

I can't believe you didn't get more replies to this! On behalf of the people in North Fulton County, I apologize! redface.gif

Alpharetta is awesome, and Roswell is too! Really, you can't go wrong with any of the areas in North Fulton County. I say this as someone who has lived here since September 2011 (I live in Roswell, but right on the border of Alpharetta and John's Creek). It's extremely family-friendly and safe, and the schools are some of the best in the state.

All that being said, it's an affluent area, so you are going to run into your fair share of McMansions and BMWs, but there are plenty of beautiful, tree-lined neighborhoods with down-to-earth families. Great parks, nature centers (the Chattahochee River is nearby), and family-friendly activities.

Check out http://www.gnfcc.com/ for more information about the area.

I am from Philadelphia orginally and have found that there are a lot of "transplants" in this area-from the Northeast, Midwest, and California, especially. There's a great deal of diversity in the Atlanta area, and a tremendous amount of culture, entertainment, and education in the metro area. Good food too! Obviously, I love it.

Feel free to PM me with additional questions. Good luck!

K

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#5 of 5 Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 AM

For schools, look at schooldigger.com.  That shows you all the schools in specific areas, with test scores, free lunch rates etc.  We are looking to move there as well (but from Marietta!)  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page