The Birthing Center in Hallendale, Florida - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2012, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello!

I'm new to the forum... My husband and I just found out were pregnant. This will be my second, but his first. We've been talking about different methods of giving birth and we've been leaning more towards a natural/water birth. My current OB is Dr Fernandez at Memorial West and we shared with her our thoughts on natural birth and what options memorial west had. She sort of took the "scare tactic" which to me was to try and discourage us on going natural or using a midwife as she made it very clear, she could not be a back up for us and all of the "what if's"! This was very disspointing, but oh well! My husband and I went to meet Janice (licensed midwife ) at the birthing center and got the opportunity to tour the facility. I was comfortable with the setup and how warm and welcoming everyone was. My issue now is trying to make a decision of whether to go with the birthing center or stay with memorial west.

With my first pregnancy, I received an epidural and I really didn't like all of the restrictions the hospital had. The options are limited with the hospital and I felt rushed!!!

Is there anyone that's utilized the birthing center in hallendale Florida and would share their experience with me? We would greatly appreciate it. My husband is all for the natural/water birth method, but also respects that it's my decision in the end. His reasoning is that he doesn't want me or the baby hooked up to the med's that hospitals put you on. He's against it.

Thanks in advance!

User Tag List