Peds with flexibility in vaccinating in **********, AL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-03-2012, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anybody have any idea about pediatricians that are supportive of not vaccinating or delaying vaccinations in my area???

#2 of 10 Old 12-29-2012, 12:55 PM

Have you found anyone? I'm in the same search. I have a consultation with Dr Korcz of Hoover Alt Md next Thursday. She vaccinates but is knowledgeable about alternative medicine too, so I'm looking forward to chatting with her. Bham is just so controlled by the medical establishment....
#3 of 10 Old 12-29-2012, 11:59 PM

Good luck!  I don't know of anyone at the moment.  We have vaxed our daughter but spread the shots out.  It drives my pediatrician insane.  Already started the 'we are not getting gardisil conversation' and he is not really happy about it.

#4 of 10 Old 01-12-2013, 01:00 AM

How did the convo with Dr Korcz turn out? I am really tired of driving to GA  for the peds doctor.

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#5 of 10 Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 AM

Actually I never had the consult. They apparently didn't have me down for an appointment. She's had some major turnover in office staff evidently. So I'm debating rescheduling and/or continuing my search elsewhere.
#6 of 10 Old 01-14-2013, 06:34 PM

We moved out of B'ham within the last year, but when I was there, my homeopath mentioned Angela Redmond as a pediatrician who would defer vaccination. Not sure about where she is--seems like somewhere around Mt Brook or Homewood??

#7 of 10 Old 01-15-2013, 11:25 AM

Actually she is with Pediatrics East which is in the Trussville, Centerpoint area.

#8 of 10 Old 08-17-2013, 05:59 AM

We are with Pediatrics East right now. We see Dr. Youngblood. They have a very clear statement on all of their initial patient paperwork that says they will not keep you as a patient if you are non-vax. Dr Youngblood is ok with delayed/alternate schedule and has worked with us so far. I am looking for someone else simply because I want to avoid any future vax for both kiddos. Let me know what you hear from Dr Redmond. I am curious as I whether she really is non-vax friendly!!!
#9 of 10 Old 08-22-2013, 10:33 AM

I tried very hard to get an appointment with Alt Med, but was given the run around, and then told they weren't accepting new patients. I'm looking into going with ********** Integrative Medicine now, is anyone using Rebecca ******? I'm desperate to find a pedi.

#10 of 10 Old 10-28-2013, 08:15 PM

Dr. Korcz with Hoover Alt MD is taking patients and she is non-VAX friendly!  Had issues with some bad staff, but has a good team, now.  Try again, they are really great...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page