not vaccinating in huntsvile AL. lost. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-12-2013, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am six months pregnant and will not be vaccinating. I am also on Medicaid so will it be impossible for me to find a doctor? I plan on calling all of the pediatricians accepting Medicaid in my area to see if they will have us, and does anyone have suggestions for doing this?

Im having a hard time finding much information about the whole process. like when i go to the hospital to deliver will i need to bring any paper work or fill out any forms prior to to keep my baby from getting the hep b vaccine.

if there are any moms in the Huntsville area who didn't vaccinate and that could just talk to me about the process and their experience i would greatly appreciate it because im extremely lost and nervous.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)

Anyone have any advice for this mama?

#3 of 8 Old 05-24-2013, 04:01 PM

I have seen post about a non vax doc in madison. I don't live in huntsville anymore but I still read the post. I now live in atlanta and only found one non vax friendly doc that accepts medicaid in my area. Its a shame. One doc wanted a five grand "retainer"...and they say they don't push vax for the money
Don't give up! One is out there!
As far as delivery I would definatly put it in writing your birth plan. Give a copy to your doc for your medical records and have a few with you at delivery! Also give to your doc before your third trimester. I waited and ended up delivering a month early...I was a basket case telling every nurse everytime my son left the room "No vax". The hospital was ready to see me leave :-)
#4 of 8 Old 05-24-2013, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Not in your area, but try looking for a family doctor rather than a pediatrician if you are having a hard time finding someone who will accept you into their practice. They are generally more open to non-vaxxing families.

#5 of 8 Old 05-27-2013, 05:54 PM

I'm in ********** and my daughter (almost four and unvaxed) is on Medicaid. There are no medicaid doctors in the area who will see her.  

#6 of 8 Old 06-21-2013, 12:43 AM

I'm in Madison. My babies weren't born here, but our current ped has gone along with our delayed schedule (obviously already in progress.) I have heard of one
ped who will "allow" you to not vax at all -- he doesn't agree with non vaxing and you have to sign some sort of waiver, but he says it's your child and therefore your choice. I have no idea about the insurance he accepts, but I will PM you his info.

loving mr bub, our baby boy bub (1/2010) and excitedly expecting (6/2011)!!
#7 of 8 Old 06-21-2013, 06:54 PM

Check with Glenni at A Nurturing Moment. She is really connected with the AP scene in the area. Find the page on FB.
#8 of 8 Old 06-29-2013, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

thank you all for the advice!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page