Looking for a vaccine free friendly pediatrician in the Fort Myers or Naples, Florida area - Mothering Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By NotAverageMama

#1 of 14 Old 05-21-2013, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi,

I am trying to find a vaccine free friendly pediatrician in the Fort Myers or Naples area of Florida.  I have been having some trouble locating someone, despite even looking on the VAC free friendly pediatrician website.  All the pediatricians in my area will not take an unvaccinated child.  Does anyone know of a good dr. in the area for my child?  Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 547 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)

Sorry I don't know but is there someone else out there that have recommendations for this mama?

#3 of 14 Old 05-27-2013, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There's Dr. Berger in Tampa if you're willing to drive north a few hours. No questions asked or pressure to vaccinate BUT he doesn't take insurance.

www.wholisticpeds.com

Darla dishes.gif Jimguitar.gif Wrenflower.gif Papahat.gif Grandma dog2.gifNana Anne jumpers.gif & the Great Cosmic Mimi om.gif
3 houses - 2 blocks in the old neighborhood = 1 eclectic/traditional tribe!

#4 of 14 Old 05-28-2013, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  But unfortunately I have to go with someone who takes insurance.

#5 of 14 Old 06-19-2013, 06:09 PM

Dr. Dina Badra (pediatrician)  recently told my husband that she had plenty of patients who didn't vaccinate and she's fine with it.  Dr. Marquez (pediatrician) also accepts patients who don't vaccinate.  They both accept insurance.  Dr. Thornberg does as well, but he is a boutique doctor (is that the correct term?) and is very pricey, doesn't take insurance (and I am not a fan of info he gives on breastfeeding and intact care).  Most families that I know who don't vaccinate go to a more general practice family doctor, and they find that they get questioned about vaccinations less, have fewer issues.  Another option is to use a holistic pediatric chiropractor or holistic/homeopathic doctor as your primary care person.  Good luck!

p.s. all of these doctors are in Naples.

#6 of 14 Old 01-15-2014, 09:43 AM

Just wondering if you had any luck finding a dr. My husband and I moved to Cape Coral a few months ago and haven't been able to find a Dr who will take an unvaccinated child.
#7 of 14 Old 01-15-2014, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Yes a matter of fact I did! ( : It's called Island Coast Pediatrics. They are very nice and their whole practice is no vax friendly. They also have a practice in Cape Coral
#8 of 14 Old 01-28-2014, 06:13 PM

Hi we have also chose not to vaccinate I call the island coast pediatrics office in fort Myers today to try to make an appointment for my son and they told me that they believed in vaccines and would not see him. Did you go to the office in cape coral?
#9 of 14 Old 01-28-2014, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

I go to the Estero office and see Dr. Terry. We don't want to vaccinate until age 2 and even then we only want a couple vaccines. She had no issue taking us as a patient although she still did try to push the vaccines but not too pushy like another doctor I saw in that office. They just have a form of refusal you have to sign on occasion.
#10 of 14 Old 01-02-2015, 03:29 PM

doctor Richard Gonzalez on heritage trail in naples fl. He takes insurance

Last edited by Amrodriguez2312; 01-02-2015 at 03:32 PM.
#11 of 14 Old 06-07-2016, 07:14 AM

Dr. Robert Murdoch

Dr. Robert Murdoch is an amazing holistic doctor. he specializes in Acupuncture and functional medicine, while also providing pediatric services. He is located in Cape Coral and Fort Myers. He doesn't administer vaccines and is willing to take on new clients in all age groups.
#12 of 14 Old 02-08-2017, 08:32 AM

Island Coast Peds in NOT vaccine free friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope77 View Post
Yes a matter of fact I did! ( : It's called Island Coast Pediatrics. They are very nice and their whole practice is no vax friendly. They also have a practice in Cape Coral
I began going to Island Coast Peds when I was 10 years old. They have been our pediatrician of choice for all three of my children as well. Although they have pushed vaccines on me for years, they were OK with me declining if I signed the waiver, which I always did.

Today, I brought my infant for his 4 month well visit and was advised that Island Coast Peds was "dismissing" my family from their practice. I was advised that if I did not get my infant caught up on their vaccine schedule, they would no longer see my children. I was told that I would have 10 minutes to decide and that the vaccines must start today. Of course, I declined and left abruptly.

For the record, in the 4 months since my child was born, I have declined 16 injections.

If you feel that, as a mother, you should have some say in the health care of your child, do not go to Island Coast Peds.
Deborah likes this.
#13 of 14 Old 03-10-2017, 12:41 PM

Thumbs down Island Coast just kicked us out too......

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAverageMama View Post
I began going to Island Coast Peds when I was 10 years old. They have been our pediatrician of choice for all three of my children as well. Although they have pushed vaccines on me for years, they were OK with me declining if I signed the waiver, which I always did.

Today, I brought my infant for his 4 month well visit and was advised that Island Coast Peds was "dismissing" my family from their practice. I was advised that if I did not get my infant caught up on their vaccine schedule, they would no longer see my children. I was told that I would have 10 minutes to decide and that the vaccines must start today. Of course, I declined and left abruptly.

For the record, in the 4 months since my child was born, I have declined 16 injections.

If you feel that, as a mother, you should have some say in the health care of your child, do not go to Island Coast Peds.
Good for you. YOu should of walked out. There is no reason they should be telling (MAKING) us do what we don't believe is right for our child. I was in this office not to long ago (middle of February) and they told me they would not be allowing my daughter to come back with out her vaccines. Why the sudden change, and not giving us time to find a new doctor? Luckily they finished out her appointment but still was not happy with the situation. The only bad part is now I am having as hard time finding a doctor that is vaccine-free friendly. If anyone knows of a doctor in Cape Coral or surrounding area please post.
#14 of 14 Old 08-17-2017, 02:03 AM

perfect

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page