Tampa: looking for a more Natural birthing OB - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-29-2013, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I'm 22 weeks & just found out I cannot birth at Labor of Love. greensad.gif but I need a recommendation for an OB that understands natural birth & is ok with things like walking around during labor, skin to skin contact right after, not cutting the placenta right away, ok with the required test in my room not taking my baby from me, etc. just like the birth centers do but I need to be at a hospital due to having asthma & want the most pleasant birth experience I can get in a hospital setting
#2 of 4 Old 07-30-2013, 08:53 AM

Where are you located? You might want to add that to the thread's header. Hopefully that will help it get more attention from folks who can help. Also, how far are you willing to drive?

I see there is a Labour of Love in FL near Tampa. Is that the one? My experience with GA, so unfortunately, I am of  no help.

Sorry you are unable to birth at your place of choice. (((HUGS))) Best of luck finding the next best option! 

Working Mama caffix.gif, wife to SAHD superhero.gifDS 12/09 carrot.gif #2 born 12/10, YAY for med-free vbac.gif

#3 of 4 Old 07-31-2013, 12:44 PM

Honestly, I would seek out an independent midwife for a second opinion. Tampa Ob/gyns are not very natural birth oriented.

Darla dishes.gif Jimguitar.gif Wrenflower.gif Papahat.gif Grandma dog2.gifNana Anne jumpers.gif & the Great Cosmic Mimi om.gif
3 houses - 2 blocks in the old neighborhood = 1 eclectic/traditional tribe!
#4 of 4 Old 08-02-2013, 10:23 AM

I would ask LOL who they recommend.  If they don't have anyone, look into the local birth network and ask around.  Check with doulas, breastfeeding counselors or LLL leaders.  Especially the doulas though, they will have had experience with the local OBs and seen first hand which ones are more natural birth friendly.  Good luck :)

Married to Tom partners.gif since 2001, mom to 4 boys and our first girl born Feb. 19, 2012!

Florida licensed midwife and CPM lovinghandsmidwifery.org

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page