Reggio Emilia, Nature Inspired Preschool in Marietta, GA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-03-2013, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this forum. From what I've read it seems like a very supportive and open-minded community, so I'm happy to have found you all : >

I'm looking for a preschool for my four year old daughter that is nature-inspired, gentle, child-driven, respectful of each child's uniqueness and that supports children in trusting themselves. 

Reggio Emilia inspired schools seem to offer most or all of these aspects. Or a school that combines different approaches, like Reggio Emilia, Waldorf and Montessori. I've searched online extensively and there seem to be quite a few options in Atlanta and Decatur, but I can't find anything in our area. We live in Marietta, quite far north, so a school in Woodstock or Kennesaw might work for us as well.

My daughter has been in Montessori schools since she was almost three and although the Montessori method has many merits, I feel that not enough time is spent exploring the physical world and nature, and that my daughter's individuality and needs are not honored as much as I would like. At least, I've felt that this has been the case with the two Montessori schools that my daughter has attended. 

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-07-2013, 09:33 AM

Sadly,I have been looking for similar school in Marietta but have come up empty. Most of the private schools are christian religion based. I know at one time a mom had posted here to start a play based preschool but I am not sure if it ever took off or not. The north suburbs of Atlanta are really lacking when it comes to schooling choices.
#3 of 4 Old 08-07-2013, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for letting me know.

I've been doing a google search and have come up with one school on East Piedmont Road:

http://www.marcatoschool.com/default.html

I will let you know if I find anything else.

jammomma likes this.
#4 of 4 Old 08-11-2013, 02:29 PM

Thanks for that link. I have never seen that school. I will be checking it out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page