Moving back to central Florida. Info wanted - homeschool, AP, etc - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-23-2014, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

My family lived in Seminole county for many years, then moved. Now we have the opportunity to move back to the central Florida area. We do homeschool/unschool, travel, explore, use AP, etc. I am looking for others like us in the Groveland/Clermont area as well as further toward Volusia, Seminole, and Orange counties. We also are interested in drum lessons, guitar lessons, and any other creative opportunities that are close to us versus close to Orlando. I can drive if neebe, but would love to try to find opportunities closer to our new rental.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

It looks like your post might have been missed so I'm bumping it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have experiences or suggestions to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 03-04-2014, 09:47 PM

You may want to get in touch with Amber Melendy! Owner of Shine On Yoga. She is launching a new non profit Waldorf inspired school. Her husband owns a farm and I think she wants to integrate kids yoga, meditation, music, story sharing, gardening, etc.

Check out www.shineonyoga.com

<3

Best of luck and welcome back!

Old 03-05-2014, 09:33 AM

We are considering a move to central Fl as well, my husband is from Orlando.  I'm considering lakeland, solely because there is a Trader Joes within driving distance haha.  I'd love info about a natural community as well!  His brother lives in Clermont, and his parents and other sibs still live in Orlando, but I know I don't want the hustle and bustle of Orlando proper.  Subscribing to this thread in the hopes of some good info!

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
Old 03-18-2014, 09:26 PM

Aileen~ Lakeland has a small community of like-minded folks here, a neat farmers market, co-ops and family friendly parks around. I have really enjoyed living here this past year (I was a transplant from AK). I love living in Florida in general!

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

Old 04-07-2014, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm so glad to read this thread! We are also looking into the possiblity of moving to Orlando area. My hubby's office will be in Maitland but we can live anywhere within driving distance. I read Oviedo and Lake Mary are nice, and sound alot like where we live now (green golf community, all white/christian) but wonder about other good areas as well. I'm open to direction if anyone has some :)

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 06-25-2014, 11:58 AM

I'm in Wildwood, about 30 mins from Clermont. The homeschool group I'm part of is called Golden Triangle Homeschool Group. It took me forever to find it. We meet on Fridays at a park in Tavares. There are often activities in Clermont. Skyzone has a homeschoolers day. There's also Lake County Homeschoolers on facebook. It's mostly the same people as the Golden Triangle Group.

Here is my Facebook. Feel free to message me and I can help you connect. It's always nice to meet more AP mamas.

Www.facebook.com/mountainash83
Old 08-28-2014, 02:40 PM

Local Realtor - central FL

I can definitely help you find a place in Lakeland or Central FL. I have been living in Central FL for over 15 years and know a great deal about it and the surrounding cities. Winter Park now has a Trader Joes and there is going to be a new one in Dr. Phillips. I am a realtor for Front Gate realty in Celebration FL and serve the greater area of Orlando and Tampa and everything in between . Cheers!
Marcus - 407-937-9056 If you have any questions about the market
Cheers!
Old 08-28-2014, 02:54 PM

Local realtor here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
I'm so glad to read this thread! We are also looking into the possiblity of moving to Orlando area. My hubby's office will be in Maitland but we can live anywhere within driving distance. I read Oviedo and Lake Mary are nice, and sound alot like where we live now (green golf community, all white/christian) but wonder about other good areas as well. I'm open to direction if anyone has some
Lake Mary and Oviedo are very nice as well as Winter Park area which is very close to Maitland. I'll be happy to help you find a place whether your renting or buying. I have knowledge of the area for more than 15 years.
Cheers!
Marcus
407-937-9056

User Tag List