Tampa Neighborhood - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-25-2014, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Tampa Neighborhood

We are interested in relocating to Tampa but want to find the right place. I'm willing to do the apartment thing while we wait but want to buy/rent a house. We want to find the right neighborhood. You know the one where your kiddos play with the kids next door and ride their bikes safely. Where are these spots in Tampa. Where do you send your kids to school? We have use the montessori method both at home and in a small school up to this point but are open to a variety of options including good public school for pre-k or k or charter schools.

We are a AP, co sleeping, midwife supporting, BF family. Thanks for all your suggestions!
#2 of 2 Old 08-15-2014, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I Dont know about Tampa aside from some people like carrolwood neighborhood but I have no personal experience with it.
I live in Clearwater and really like it we're under 4miles to the amazing beach and pay under a thousand a month for a 3br 2bth house with a big yard .
We homeschool so I cant say what the schools are like .The neighborhoods can go from good to run down quickly though so you have to go check them out.
Palm Harbor and Dunedin north of us are nice but higher home prices.
Palm harbor has a Sudbury school ,a waldorf and Montessori schools
Both towns seem to have a good size crunchy population . Clearwater is closest to the beach has a great library a wholefoods coming in September (husband works there) and Natures Food Patch (just like WFM but independent)
Non vax friendly Dr Danuta Jackson Curtis
There are also at least a few birth centers in the area.
Sorry I cant give more info on Tampa but it is about 30-40 mins away from these towns.
Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally21heather View Post
We are interested in relocating to Tampa but want to find the right place. I'm willing to do the apartment thing while we wait but want to buy/rent a house. We want to find the right neighborhood. You know the one where your kiddos play with the kids next door and ride their bikes safely. Where are these spots in Tampa. Where do you send your kids to school? We have use the montessori method both at home and in a small school up to this point but are open to a variety of options including good public school for pre-k or k or charter schools.

We are a AP, co sleeping, midwife supporting, BF family. Thanks for all your suggestions!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page