Where to deliver in NWGA? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 03-19-2015, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where to deliver in NWGA?

SO, we're pg with #7 , but our first in GA. Were in CA before. Need to figure out where to deliver. Looks like my options, distance wise, are Floyd, Cartersville, and Gordon. Homebirth is not an option for me, though I wish. Anywho...I am looking as natural, low intervention as possible, with a provider who's not going to flip when I refuse all sorts of stuff, lol. You know...no cervix checks before labor, no IV in labor, no GTT, no testing even though I'm 40, no DTaP or flu shot, no shots for baby... All sorts of fun stuff to argue over, and I'd rather not. So, any suggestions on hospitals or providers?? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-19-2015, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Try looking for a family physician as opposed to an OB. I use a family Dr and he's totally laid back about everything
#3 of 6 Old 10-26-2016, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I realize this is pretty old...but are you still in NWGA, and did you have any luck finding supportive family docs or pediatricians??

#4 of 6 Old 10-28-2016, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It's so weird, I've never seen a place have such a medical monopoly....every urgent care, doctor's office, ambulance service is all owned by one of the three hospitals. It's insane!!
#5 of 6 Old 07-10-2017, 11:02 AM

Im sure youve delivered by now, but for anyone else reading this..I have delivered at Kennestone and Cartersville. i would choose Cartersville any day. MUCH better, more laid back experience. Hands off approach as long as you dont get epidural.

Do what thou wilt shall the be whole of the law. Love is the law. Love under Will. LVX
#6 of 6 Old 08-17-2017, 02:02 AM

perfect

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page