Looking for likeminded parents in Roswell, GA - Mothering Forums

#1 of 11 Old 09-01-2015, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Looking for likeminded parents in Roswell, GA

We moved here in October of last year and 10 months later we're still not finding our tribe. Secular, thinking, democrats don't seem to live out this way.

Husband is a software geek of a Brit. I'm a trained chef studying social problems. Son is currently 12 and attending High Meadows School.

Crossing fingers we're not on a private island out here in North Fulton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 09-01-2015, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

Don't worry, your tribe is here we are just a little hard to find unless you know where to look

I'm going to PM you. I don't come on mothering.com anymore but a friend of mine saw this and sent it to me.

babyboy.gif: 01/10/2009 and 09/29/2011

#3 of 11 Old 10-14-2015, 12:59 PM

My experience living in North Atlanta suburbs, after living in town for over a decade, has been that, secular progressive minded people are like unicorns up here. Truly, I have yet to find this type of tribe in the 6 years I have been living here. I think we need to move back in town to find our tribe. Good luck to you, I hope you find what you are looking for and have better luck than I have had up here.

#4 of 11 Old 10-22-2015, 10:11 AM

I just read your post and I can relate. It can feel like swimming upstream, constantly fighting against the cultural norms and mainstream parenting approaches!
I help create parenting communities through my parenting classes. Since I've started teaching conscious parenting I was pleasantly surprised to find more parents come out of the woodwork that resonate with conscious parenting.
I'm in the north side of Atlanta (in Dunwoody area). If you'd like to get more information,just google parentingheart.
I'd be happy to help strategize with you how to connect in our Atlanta area.
#5 of 11 Old 02-08-2016, 08:36 AM

I have been living in Georgia for 4 years and am a new mom. Previously lived in Seattle and from Mass(read liberal). I have yet to find like minded crunchy mom's. I am a vegetarian, earth loving, yoga doing momma looking for the same! Any updates on where you found your tribe?
#6 of 11 Old 02-12-2016, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hiya! Did any of you have any tribe finding luck? We just moved here in August. We're in Powder Springs/Marietta area. My husband is a tech geek too. We have a 5 year old daughter, Violet. We are liberal,secular,bernie loving folks!
#7 of 11 Old 02-12-2016, 06:02 PM

I just saw that the original poster said she's studying social problems. I'm currently in school for my masters in social work.
#8 of 11 Old 02-12-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanharlowjill View Post
I have been living in Georgia for 4 years and am a new mom. Previously lived in Seattle and from Mass(read liberal). I have yet to find like minded crunchy mom's. I am a vegetarian, earth loving, yoga doing momma looking for the same! Any updates on where you found your tribe?
We lived in Seattle for awhile too! Loved it! It was so gorgeous and I loved the people.
#9 of 11 Old 04-26-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebabo View Post
I just saw that the original poster said she's studying social problems. I'm currently in school for my masters in social work.
Same here, I am from Alabama
#10 of 11 Old 07-10-2017, 11:16 AM

Hi everyone. I live near Rome, GA. We are weird. Looking for friends. private message me. lol

Do what thou wilt shall the be whole of the law. Love is the law. Love under Will. LVX
#11 of 11 Old 08-17-2017, 02:02 AM

perfect

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page