Mothering Forum banner

Moving to South Florida in December

2K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  green_momma2007 
#1 ·
Can you tell I'm trying to be enthusiastic about this move
: We moved to Seattle from Miami when I was 7 1/2 months preggo. Now my son is about 19 months and we've decided to move back. I am having a hard time with ppd and the weather here is super depressing. The community is AMAZING though and I'm really hoping that I will have at least a couple of like minded mama friends in the Florida. So, anyone around? Anyone at all?

See less See more
#28 ·
omgosh this post so reminds me of when my DH and I were moving 5 1/2 years ago and talking about moving out of Florida.. i tolf him I dont think I could he asked why.. I said from a physical standpoint where we very RARELY have grey days I think i would get SAD like many do up north because I have been here for 25 years and I know that if we do happen to have a WHOLE grey day which is very uncommon then I am a mess i could not imagine a whole half of a year with them! I just met someone from Seattle he moved to Trilby, Florida but was on the suncoast camping on the island and he said it rains there all the time.. I can obviously handle the rain being from Florida but the grey and cold.. no thanks.. lol good luck on your move! I am sure you will be feeling a lot better as you start your journey and get closer to here and start shedding off your clothes on the way!

#29 ·
Yay!! I am really excited to get to know you, too. I am looking forward to the nice weather sooo much. It has been cold, raining, and grey for days now.

I am going to be in search of an apartment/house and a car right when I get there...Hopefully, it won't be to chaotic. My hubby isn't going be joining us for almost 6 weeks.

#30 ·
Hi ladies....We're here
:

I found a place for us today. We're going to be living in Margate. I can't believe it. It's so far west but I found us a great townhouse....clean, newish with a nice outdoor area. I looked at some scary places....ugh.
The only drawback is that I won't be able to move in until Dec 19th. Ugh. So, I'm stuck living with my toddler at my dads for a month.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi
:

#32 ·
hey we're in davie/hollywood area... luv luv luv the birth center, such a rich resource of people, places and things, and plus we delivered our little lennon in the bathtub in the blue room.

i also run a group "all broward api" on meetup.com. we have lots of different kinds of activities... and there's the ft lauderdale attachment parenting group, baby wearing group, natural and organic living group, jr. eco scouts group on there and hollywood ap froup is on yahoo groups. huge "scene" of hip, ap, nfl, mamas here. and we're always happy to meet more!
:

welcome back and hope to meet you!!

pm me if you need any info on our meetups. we usually take dues, but i'll float ya a month or two til you get used to the area again and meet some people.

#33 ·
Welcome Back!

Margate isn't that far from us. I'm hoping to learn a little more about the area myself (yeah, I'm a native...and still have no clue what to do with a toddler here) by getting to know some of you.

Maybe we could meetup between Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays?

We are really in need of some fun friends nearby...my DD (18 months now) is kinda shy, and we need to get out!

I hope everything works out well for you, goodygumdrops, before you move into your townhouse.

TTFN

#34 ·
Yay!! I am excited to meet you all. I will definitely be up to meet up sometime in the next few weeks. It's so good to know that there are some like minded mamas in the area.

We're going to be able to move into our apartment in the next two weeks. I just put out some bids on a car so hopefully I'll have one by the end of the week.

Well, going to bed. My hubby is still in Seattle and my lo isn't on a schedule at all so I haven't had any breaks for the last 4 days. I'm exhausted.

Amy

#35 ·
Hey there, we're in Miami as well ...*waves hit to Tori*. We moved back after being away for a couple of years. There are several groups up in Broward - check meetup.com for them. there's also an AP group in Broward as well as a babywearing group. Both are yahoo groups.

Good luck with your move...I am with you on the depression caused by weather...that's why I left Connecticut in 97!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.