Mothering Forum banner

Mama's in the Daytona Area???

478 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  AuntRayRay 
#1 ·
Hi Mama's,

So I am looking to move in the next two years, maybe as soon as next summer and have been researching areas. I had really wanted to live in Hawaii, but thats looking like maybe it should be a LONG term goal LOL And I'm looking into cali and have posted on both tribal forums.
But I've been thinking alot about Florida because I know a few friends/family that live there and would love some support (single mama). Anyway we currently live in NJ and I really want to move somewhere warm and somewhere where there are more friendly/like-minded people around.
My oldest and my nephew( i have custody) would like to attend a free/democratic/sudbury school and my second ds is autistic and in a special school and my youngest I unschool. I don't vax and am into natural/alternative medicines(with the exception that my oldest has a heart condition and is on pres med's 2x a day). I like to eat organic (when possible)and shop at thrift shops. I would love to have friendly neighbors
Here I barely know my neighbors or even some of their names and I've been here 4yrs! And I have section 8 voucher that I can move anywhere in the US and currently my voucher is a 2bd and our rent is $1300/mo, but I've heard the rent is cheaper in FL? I was hoping when I put in to move I could also ask for a 3bd voucher too since I have four boys and when I first got the voucher I had 2. So I was thinking I could find a three brm house down there..maybe close to the beach

Any info would be appreciated!!

See less See more
#2 ·
So i talked to my friend in Port Orange and she said her mom might be looking to rent out a 3 bedroom house in town
And I talked to my cousin who lives in Mt. Dora and she said she'll look around there. I was searching sudbury schools in florida and the closest I was seeing was maybe Orlando? I'll have to research some more..could also go back to Unschooling my oldest if needed.
Any mama's around the areas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.