asheville pediatrician - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-25-2008, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we just moved to the asheville area and i'm wondering about doctors for my son. Mr. Pants is 21 months old, intact, co-sleeping, delayed/selective vaccinated, cloth diapered, from a family filled with food allergies/sensitivies and still breastfeeding. we prefer natural methods to antibiotics, etc.

any suggestions for a pediatrician who will be a good fit for us? i need a "mainstream doctor" to keep my family silent (they live in the same apartment complex and that is not a battle i'm fighting--the battle i'm fighting is for a homebirth with my second and i know it's none of their business, but you know how family politics work)

thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 08:11 PM

There's Josh Bernstein who I think is with Asheville Pediatrics and Jim Haaksma at Community Family. My son sees Haaksma & although I wasn't happy with his spiel on night nursing past a year (he's had a number of patients get cavities) he respects our choice not to vax & he did not push antibiotics when DS had an ear infection.

Have you joined Ashevillemamas? That's a great local resource for info like this...
http://www.ashevillemamas.org/

Welcome to Asheville!
Old 12-02-2008, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the response. i'm headed off to join right now!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
We love Family to Family.: They have been very respectful of our choices.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:15 PM

I was a Bernstien patient but am looking for someone else. While he respects choices, he doesn't seem tuned into nor knowledgeable about AP practices. I don't mind if he has an opposite preference but he should tailor his answers towards his patients lifestyle and choices. It just seemed like a lack of effort to really connect with us. This is a long-term relationship built on trust so you would think that would be something important. Anyway, he's alright if you want just a basic pedi.

User Tag List