Triad Moms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2008, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

Well we're still trying to narrow down where we will land when we relocate. We've investigated the Triangle area as much as we can online but some of the jobs H has applied for are actually over in the Triad (he's look at academic jobs). I saw some postings about Ardmore in W-S but of course that's the one town that didn't have any job postings for him. But he did apply to some universities in High Point and Greensboro. (And one in Burlington).

So my question is, does anyone know about these communities? Is there a "crunchy" area that is like Carrboro or Ardmore? If you had to chose one town or another, which would it be? Overall, these town seem to be a bit more conservative - which is not a problem for H but would be a problem for me (FWIW I grew up near Kingsport, TN so I'm used to the redneck factor but as long as there are some of my fellow hippies or greens around I'll be okay)

TIA!

peace,
robyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2008, 02:46 AM

I lived in Greensboro 20 years or so ago and live just north of Winston now. I would think Greensboro would be pretty friendly especially around the UNCG area. IMO it is even more cultured and less "redneck" than Winston.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

That sounds promising! Sorry if I offended you with the redneck remark - folks where I grew up were proud to say they were rednecks so I never think about others getting offended LOL I guess I should have said "good country people" like my grandmother always said...
peace,
robyn

eta: how are the museums around those towns? we like to go to science museums, kids museums etc
Old 12-10-2008, 04:55 AM

There are us "crunchy" people around you just have to find them!! LOL I'm in Alamance county (grew up in Graham/Burlington) and if you are interested check out alamancemommies.com We have a group of AP/NL's.. Also if you are looking to move to the triad area triadmommies.com has a AP/NL group that is awesome too!

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

Old 12-12-2008, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Ooo thanks that's really helpful!
peace,
robyn

User Tag List