Moving to Raleigh, NC - Found the perfect house - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 12-16-2008, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So excited :

After two 4 day trips to NC and about 30 home viewings, we finally found our new home in Knightdale and will be moving to NC from NJ in mid-March!

I am so excited and can't wait to meet a bunch of you Triangle MDC mamas.

My Realtor is an absolute DREAM. She and I found each other here on MDC. She and her dh were so patient with me, tuned right in to want I liked and did not like and together we found the perfect home in the perfect neighborhood. I am very picky and that did not scare her off nor did it frustrate her. She always had me in the front of her thoughts and constantly looked for homes for me. I feel we will be lasting friends. It was nice to have another MDC mama as my Realtor since she understands about MDC type concerns when it comes to buying a home. Also, we had a lot in common in regards to the way we raise our kids. Tons to talk about on those house-hunting days.

If any mamas here are interested in buying or selling your home in the Triangle area, I would love to give you her contact info. Please PM me

Can't wait to be in NC again in my pretty house with my pretty yard for my sweet kids!

SAHM to Ivan 6/10/05 who says  signcirc1.gifand Matilda 1/31/08 who says saynovax.gif:::

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 12-16-2008, 10:16 PM

Congratulations, that sounds very exciting! Welcome to NC.

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).
#3 of 13 Old 12-17-2008, 03:15 AM

What is Knightdale like???

peace,
robyn
#4 of 13 Old 12-17-2008, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

I am not sure what Knightdale is like exactly yet. The neighborhood that we bought a home in is sweet with a brook running through it and lots of trees. Luckily we found a home with a nice backyard for the kids and so shady. There is also a nice community pool and walking trails.

Word is that two new hospitals are being built there. Also, there are new shopping centers right outside the neighborhood with a nice grocery, home depot, tjmaxx, pizza, asian food, chilis, applebees, etc.

It felt like home to me and safe for raising a young family.

SAHM to Ivan 6/10/05 who says  signcirc1.gifand Matilda 1/31/08 who says saynovax.gif:::

#5 of 13 Old 12-18-2008, 10:22 PM

welcome to the triangle!!!

my best friend's DH is also one of those realtors who understands why buying a house may also mean buying the place where you will give birth! all of his kids were born at home. so glad you found someone who understood your desires for a home.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#6 of 13 Old 12-21-2008, 11:01 AM

YOU'RE GONNA BE MY NEIGHBOR!!!!

No really, I'm trying to figure out which house you put an offer on, and there are a few MDC mommas here. I Knightdale; it has that small town feel with all the the bigger stores that make life convenient. We've been trying to get a pedestrian crosswalk so we can walk to Target etc. from the neighborhoods, but that's probably not forthcoming. It's great being able to walk to the grocery store, bank, postoffice, and some restaurants without crossing 64 right now, though. Congrats on your home purchase, and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Oh, and this is just for DS : because we're going up to MI for Christmas and he wanted to put this on the computer. :
#7 of 13 Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

The neighborhood is yours I am sure The home was not "For Sale". I was checking out the neighborhood and talking to neighbors and the owner of the home we are buying offered to sell me his home and all fell into place in less than 24 hours

Can't wait to meet you all, MDC mamas

#8 of 13 Old 12-22-2008, 08:25 PM

I also live in Raleigh and love it here. I feel like it's a great place to raise kids and there is a lot of culture here. I also love the trails and nature here- even in the middle of the city!

mdcblog5.gif  http://annapodrisworksinprogress.blogspot.com/  
 namaste.gif  Yoga loving bohemian vegan artist mom of one girl- 10-08hearts.gif, married to my best friend,shamrocksmile.gif who is also an artist.  
#9 of 13 Old 12-23-2008, 08:08 PM

I live in that neighborhood too
Although we are trying to sell ours right now (where were you?!)
You will like it here. I am on the homeowners board (which can be a little nitpicky). If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask me, and there are several MDC mammas
#10 of 13 Old 12-26-2008, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommietime View Post
I live in that neighborhood too
Although we are trying to sell ours right now (where were you?!)
You will like it here. I am on the homeowners board (which can be a little nitpicky). If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask me, and there are several MDC mammas
Don't leave! We are moving there from the NJ Shore area. I am so excited! I am told that the next door neighbor is a homeschooling organic berry picking mama of three I am bursting with enthusiasm.

We want to convert the garage to a playroom (insulation, drywall, and heatpump) but leave the garage door for the future. Also we want to put up a split-rail fence in back. Do you think that would be okay with the HOA?

#11 of 13 Old 12-27-2008, 10:31 PM

The garage needs to be permitted by the city or it can hurt you on resale (your sf won't count if not permitted.) The fence will have to go before the HOA.

All of us Kdale mommas should meet up---your neighbor sounds great---I'd love to meet her too (I don't think I know any homeschooling parents in that neighborhood.)
#12 of 13 Old 12-29-2008, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaEli View Post
The garage needs to be permitted by the city or it can hurt you on resale (your sf won't count if not permitted.) The fence will have to go before the HOA.

All of us Kdale mommas should meet up---your neighbor sounds great---I'd love to meet her too (I don't think I know any homeschooling parents in that neighborhood.)

Thanks for the info. We would not take off the garage door, just put in insulation, dry wall, temporary carpeting, and some sort of heating/cooling for a playroom/workshop.

I definitely would like to meet everyone when we get there. I hosted a weekly playgroup this past Spring/Summer here at my home and it was lots of fun. We also made it a bit like playSchool to be an alternative to preschool. Maybe we could do the same when we get there. We close on our home 3/12/09

#13 of 13 Old 01-02-2009, 04:40 PM

Where on Jersey shore? I went to Ocean City HS (lived in seaville, upper twp).
We are leaving mid February. When do you move into K-dale?
If I am right about which subdivision you bought in (P.W.?) thyen you have to go through the HOA for any exterior modification inluding fences, but they are pretty good about approving most things.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page