Peds care at UNCFP - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-18-2008, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you share you experience with UNCFP for care of kids? Good or bad. Also, I am looking for provider recommendations.

Thanks.
#2 of 4 Old 12-18-2008, 10:23 PM

we just switched to UNC and like it fine.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#3 of 4 Old 12-18-2008, 10:35 PM

I have been going there for myself and my kids for about 4 years; we switched after I had such a good experience having a baby with them. We see Cristy Page, but I don't think she's taking new patients...

It's a big practice with the usual pitfalls, but we have always been very happy with the care we've gotten.
#4 of 4 Old 12-19-2008, 01:36 AM

I use to take my kids to UNCFP. They were pretty good and the providers I saw said they often had patients who did not vaccinate, etc. so they were very open to delayed vaccinating...I had one DR who was soooooo happy to learn that DS was intact, I can't remember his name. We mostly saw Dr. Reed and I appreciated her open-mindedness.

Here are the downfalls I experienced and part of the reason we switched: Scheduling appointments was often difficult. Sometimes they would have no schedule for the doctors (no idea when they were working AT ALL) and often they were booked at least a month out which doesn't work for someone like me who doesn't know her schedule that far in advance! I like going to the same DR year after year so they know me, my family, and situation. Unfortunately, residents move out of there often enough and it's SO BIG that I kind of felt lost in the system.

It sounds like I didn't like them but overall they did a good job caring for my kids...I just thought I would throw out some negatives to think about since everyone has good things to say!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page