moving to Greer, SC & have some questions... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-30-2008, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My hubby just got a job in Greer, SC and we will be moving there from FL (where we've both lived all our lives!) in a few weeks. We are still looking for a home to rent, but it will probably be in Greer/Taylors/Simpsonville area. Anyway, I would love to meet some more families nearby. We have a 13 mos. old daughter. I joined the AP meetup group & the yahoo group. I was wondering when/where are the LLL meetings & any babywearing groups?
Also, any suggestions for pediatricians? Family drs? Dentists?
Anything else I should know??
Thanks!
Erin
#2 of 10 Old 12-30-2008, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

One other thing...

Is there a Waldorf school in the area? Or a Waldorf-inspired playgroup? Or Montesorri? Thanks!

Erin
#3 of 10 Old 12-30-2008, 07:00 PM

Greer has been exploding the past few years. I'd love to offer some knowledge but I haven't lived in Taylors in ten years.

I know there is a Montessori School near Pelham Rd. And I know there's some birth centers in the area, you could maybe get some Dr. recs from them.
#4 of 10 Old 01-01-2009, 01:09 PM

I live near Spartanburg (about 20 mins from greer). There is a babywearing group and a cloth diapering group, as well as the AP meetup group that you joined. The dates/times for these groups as well as the LLL group are on the calendar for the AP meetup group.
I have a doctor in Roebuck that I love, but I know there are some docs recommended on here frequently in the greenville area too. I have a great midwife too if you have any more babies planned!
Welcome to the area!
#5 of 10 Old 01-03-2009, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

I did find the meetings listed on the meetup calendar - thanks! I would like to get pregnant in about a year, but my first was a cesarean and from what I've read, SC law says midwives can't do VBACs? ugh... I plan on joining the ICAN chapter up there and learning what I can about it though.

Thanks
Erin
#6 of 10 Old 01-03-2009, 04:26 PM

There is a birthing center in Greenville that has an ob on staff, so you could go there and avoid the hospital. I had an emergency c-section with V. and will probably have either have a UC-or go to that birthing center if I were to have another. They are called Blessed Births.
#7 of 10 Old 01-03-2009, 10:56 PM

I just wanted to say "HI" and welcome to the area! I live in Boiling Springs, so I don't get down to Greenville or Greer often, but hang out with the other AP mommas when I can
#8 of 10 Old 01-04-2009, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey again! I saw you on the AP Meetup board.

The doctor I use for the kids is Dr. Stafford in Greer. He does Family Medicine With Obstetrics. He is super laid-back and doesn't push vaxes. He belongs to some very fundie church but doesn't bring religion into the examination room.

I'm not using him for my OB needs becasue he doesn't have an in-office ultrasound and lab facility and that convenience was important to me. But I like him fine.
#9 of 10 Old 01-06-2009, 12:11 PM

I can't answer most of your questions but I can tell you the Blessed Birth is Awesome. My MW is there...here name is Carrie and she is wonderful!
#10 of 10 Old 01-08-2009, 12:03 AM

Carrie is Sepia on MDC...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page