Homeschoolers in Hillsborough? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-03-2009, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any homeschoolers in HIllsborough? I just posted on another thread, but I'd really love to hang out with some fellow homeschoolers (well, anyone really LOL) in Hillsborough. DS is almost 5, and DD is newly 2. DD kind of hates the car, and trekking to Durham/CH/Raleigh is kind of a difficult thing for us to do on a regular basis at times.

I keep joking with DH that I would love to put up a sign or something at the H-borough Weaver St Market looking for like-minded parents. I adore the CH/Durham/Raleigh mamas here, but I'd also love to meet more people right in Hillsborough :
#2 of 10 Old 01-04-2009, 12:19 AM

Definitely put up a sign! If you didn't want your number out there, you can set up a fakey email address and just check that!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#3 of 10 Old 01-04-2009, 03:58 PM

There is a pretty alternative homeschooling group, THEA, that meets in area parks every Thursday - rotating around various parks in Durham and Chapel Hill/Orange County. This Thursday, Jan. 8th the park day is at Exchange Club. There are a number of members of this group who live in the Hillsborough area. Please come to the park on Thursday and you will meet plenty - there are usually a number of people there by 2:00, some people might get there at 1:00.
#4 of 10 Old 01-04-2009, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCA2008 View Post
There is a pretty alternative homeschooling group, THEA, that meets in area parks every Thursday - rotating around various parks in Durham and Chapel Hill/Orange County. This Thursday, Jan. 8th the park day is at Exchange Club. There are a number of members of this group who live in the Hillsborough area. Please come to the park on Thursday and you will meet plenty - there are usually a number of people there by 2:00, some people might get there at 1:00.
Thanks so much for this info. If it rains do you reschedule?
I'm hoping to finally meet some more Hillsborough and or homeschooling mamas in the area

I know where the Exchange Park is...hopefully we'll be able to make it! I really appreciate the info.
#5 of 10 Old 01-04-2009, 09:02 PM

lol, I had no idea you had posted this yesterday when we were chatting today! We will be happy to head to Hillsboro to hang with you once we switch back to homeschooling!
#6 of 10 Old 01-04-2009, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marimami View Post
lol, I had no idea you had posted this yesterday when we were chatting today! We will be happy to head to Hillsboro to hang with you once we switch back to homeschooling!
:
:
:
#7 of 10 Old 01-05-2009, 09:36 AM

If it is bad weather, we do not reschedule, the group meets every Thursday afternoon - sometimes people will post on our homeschool e-mail loop an alternative location, but otherwise, people just miss that week and meet again the next week. The schedule for January is:
Jan 8th - Exchange Club, Jan 15 - Rockwood (Durham), Jan 22 - Community Center Park, and Jan 29th - Duke Park.
Because Exchange Club has a nice pavillion, I imagine people will show up even if light rain is expected - in the winter people will sometimes have a fire, bring tea, etc...
#8 of 10 Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 AM

We're not homeschooling this year, but I do have a 3yo at home with me if you'd like us to head up your way. We're always game for playdates. *grin*
#9 of 10 Old 01-05-2009, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks TCA2008! I'm hoping to make it. My newly 2 year old often naps around that time, but we're going to try our best to make it out there!

O-mama, come join us anytime!
#10 of 10 Old 01-05-2009, 06:27 PM

I too have wanted to put up at Sign at Weaver Street market. LOL.

I am going to try and make it to the THEA group this week as well. Sadly though I have to leave at Two to get my step son out of School LOL.

Denise

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page